Ford Raptor XT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Foutz's shop was building the suspension parts for the XT, and I thought JD's stuff was just "borrowed" during some initial testing/designing of the production Raptor's front suspension.

OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I thought Foutz's shop was building the suspension parts for the XT, and I thought JD's stuff was just "borrowed" during some initial testing/designing of the production Raptor's front suspension.

That's actually why I asked. I know JD orginally built the front end but that was years ago and dont think they have anything to do with the program now but who is building the trucks?
Greg's probably to busy trying to run the Trophy Lite series while building 2 spec series trucks on top of building 50 trucks for Ford unless they are not on a deadline.
Which I highly doubt Ford would be willing to sit back and take 1 truck every 2-3 months. And I have yet to hear that the Trophy Lite series will be on hold until the Ford contract is fulfilled

Last edited:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's actually why I asked. I know JD orginally built the front end but that was years ago and dont think they have anything to do with the program now but who is building the trucks?
Greg's probably to busy trying to run the Trophy Lite series while building 2 spec series trucks on top of building 50 trucks for Ford unless they are not on a deadline.
Which I highly doubt Ford would be willing to sit back and take 1 truck every 2-3 months. And I have yet to hear that the Trophy Lite series will be on hold until the Ford contract is fulfilled

Yeah, I didn't think Greg's shop was building all the XT's, but fabing some of the suspension stuff like the front arms. I can't see Ford building them either. Maybe Roush?

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I was just at Foutz's shop last week and he already built an initial run of suspension parts and sent them off to Ford. After they received them and started mocking things up, Ford had some change requests (mainly mounting points) and have been talking with Greg about it. He let them know that by changing the mounting points of the shocks, you're also changing the leverage so, hopefully soon they'll have it figured out. But in short, yes, Foutz is building suspension pieces and Ford has their own team putting everything together. Jamaal Hameedi is doing a Raptor XT walkaround at the Raptor Roundup here in Nov. though so, I'm guessing we can get some for sure answers then.

As far as power is concerned, I'm not sure I can go along with the XT's 6.2 being bored and stroked. (I know that's what Aaron was told and in no way am I calling him out on it:) ) The R's wasn't.....it only had cams, ported heads, ported TB and of course the intake, tune and long tubes to custom exhaust. I believe it did have a bump in compression but, I don't think it will have that in the XT. I would almost be willing to say that the XT MIGHT come in a shade under 500hp. Just sayin'......

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That things sick, but I wish they would've used the Raptor plastic/tin.