Ford Performance Bead Lock Ring Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anodizing would be the ticket for sure. Very durable and a nice "machined" effect you just can't get with powdercoat or paint. You could black oxide the bolts too, if they're not already coated...

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing there is going to be a specific beadlock Ring just for this wheel? Kind of wild that they did that at the bolting surface.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how that is going to work though. The bolts holes are not all on the same plane, the beauty ring mounting holes are raised. The beadlock ring has a flat mating surface.

IMG_6235.jpeg

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure how that is going to work though. The bolts holes are not all on the same plane, the beauty ring mounting holes are raised. The beadlock ring has a flat mating surface.

View attachment 453383
Exactly. I dont see how thats going to work. The wheel has always had a flat mating surface. First time i've seen them do that stupid design.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I dont see how thats going to work. The wheel has always had a flat mating surface. First time i've seen them do that stupid design.
It's a strange beauty ring design for sure. I would be really surprised if the mating surface wasn't all on one plane when the beauty ring is removed though. That's probably why they include new bolts (because the bolts for the beauty rings are longer).

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a strange beauty ring design for sure. I would be really surprised if the mating surface wasn't all on one plane when the beauty ring is removed though. That's probably why they include new bolts (because the bolts for the beauty rings are longer).
@Xtinct Did you see OPs photo of the wheel with the ring off? I'm aware of the bolt difference but the beauty ring bolts arre actually shorter. I've ran beadlocks on all of my Raptors, Race truck, RZR etc.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll take a beauty ring off again here in a few hours and get a better picture, more of a side profile of the mating surface. I’m pretty sure there was a significant difference

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Xtinct Did you see OPs photo of the wheel with the ring off? I'm aware of the bolt difference but the beauty ring bolts arre actually shorter. I've ran beadlocks on all of my Raptors, Race truck, RZR etc.
I’ll take a beauty ring off again here in a few hours and get a better picture, more of a side profile of the mating surface. I’m pretty sure there was a significant difference
I missed that Antho. Thanks! I see the black sections of the mating surface are scolloped. A really dumb design. But, I'd still be really surprised if the actual mating surface (screw hole to screw hole) is on a different plane. I don't know how a beadlock would work if it was. That would take an incredible amount of machining to get those mating surfaces correct and even then, it would be weak. There's no way Ford would justify that extra amount of machining work, IMO. Really strange design. Must have been an intern in the wheel design department that did that....