Ford Pass no longer starting/locking/unlocking truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just shows all this phone dependent stuff is crap. Might work, might not- and for how long, who knows.

Too bad they can't figure out how to put the long range remote start setup in a standard key.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A key always works. A key with a quality long range RS feature would be far superior to any phone based system IMO.

Android Auto worked great in my wife's Edge for a few months. Now it errors out and fails to load. Tried different phones, tried updating Sync.

It's always going to be a crap shoot with this stuff. Given the software issues that happen up with cars and phones, I don't consider Android Auto or Carplay to be a reliable way of getting nav. If you really need it, get the built in system- it will always work. AA is great if it works, but when it doesn't- well, it doesn't.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked and can do multiple functions with Fordpass. Are you sure this isn’t a localized issue? Ex; if you’re on wifi, turn it off on the phone and retry if you have a solid cell signal, or vice versa.

if no cell around, reboot the wifi router if possible.

I thought of that but the app hasn’t received any telemetry since the first of the year. I definitely have not been in an out of service or weak service area that long.

EDIT: in response to some of the other suggestions. I haven’t done a master reset on the truck. I have done a “cold boot” reset on my phone.

Last edited:

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't always work correctly when parked in front of my place. I think it has to do with how close I am to the garage. If my truck is out in an open parking lot, etc, then there are no issues with it working.

Staples

Reaction score
At around 7AM, it wasn't working for me. I did a force stop on the app, and it was good after that.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Yes, tried logging out and back in and reinstalling the app. No dice.

Try uninstalling, then restart your phone and then reinstall app.

Also on my Android I can clear the temporary cache when restarting, I don't know how to do that or if it's even possible on an iPhone.