Ford newbie here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Congrats on the new Raptor! Good luck with the exhaust because it isn't easy and possibly not possible to make these Eco's sound good. But the good news that's opinion. I have a 4" lift on my F150 XLT and it's getting to be more of a pain than it's worth getting in and out of it as I get older. I may level the Raptor when I get it but doubt I'll take it up any. It may already be where mine is now but I hope just a little lower, on 37's so not counting on it.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place, congrats on your Raptor. Not sure what you mean by a lift kit, but if you do it properly, it will ride and perform awesome. Most use Deaver springs in the rear and RPG type collars in the front to do it right,

Very Cool! Thanks for posting that. Similar to the Steeda Spacers I used on my Mustang when the rear was sitting a smidge lower than the front. Took about 15 minutes a side to install but this might take a little longer. So this looks like the recommended level for the front? -Shane

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very Cool! Thanks for posting that. Similar to the Steeda Spacers I used on my Mustang when the rear was sitting a smidge lower than the front. Took about 15 minutes a side to install but this might take a little longer. So this looks like the recommended level for the front? -Shane
Yes, this type of scenario, I believe other companies offer a very similar “lift” for the front, such as SVC, etc. If you watch the video, it says 20 minutes, but yeah, whatever, we all know it’s 2 beers and 4 hours later, lol.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here's the "lift" kit you want

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DFS, I so agree, but this retired-man’s wallet can’t stretch that far.
I ordered a 2” lift kit that my dealer will install. The suspension should not be affected for this shorter lift. I hear you about ingress/egress possibly becoming an issue. We can add power running boards if/when needed. They will drop down the boards several inches.

Thanks guys for the recommendations, I’m so happy to find this forum! I also ordered a fog light kit to dress up my new (to me) ride. I should have everything installed in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Retired in TN

Retired in TN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, I need to clarify… I will never take my Raptor off-road. Never. I read many comments about leaving ride height as stock and for off-roading I support that fully. My venture is purely cosmetic. I will stick with the 35” tire diameter with no plans to go bigger. I should also mention that I was a chassis engineer and am very comfortable with a minor lift.