Ford horrible quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 Raptor arrived with so much rust and corrosion that I was never happy with it and eventually sold it. Ford replaced all the skid plates but there was still too much crap under there. It was made in February of 2018 and I don't know if they did a test drive on salty roads or what. Rust every where like the ones above. On a vehicle that cost that much Ford should do a better job. My new 2020 is not as bad but still has some.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember when my Grandfather won a brand new car in the lottery back in the late 80's, he complained then about surface rust on the engine, it was a Ford LTD. This amount of rust isn't a big deal, but when you get it brand new, it should be brand new still. A little more paint Ford!

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered in May, received in August, no rust issues....you'd think that they might consider building vehicle in northern climates they have to do something for these vehicles when they get their QC road test in the winter...

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35726969/2021-ford-f-150-pickups-rust-reported/

My raptor arrived same way. Sometimes I wish Raptor was made by someone else...
I ordered my truck and took delivery the day after it arrived, there were maybe two or three small rust spots underneath and I immediately went through this process to coat the underside and fix what little rust spots there was with paint. Over a year later, it still looks exactly as it does in these pictures, no rust and very shiny, just some water spots. Thought I’d share the process and products. I’m extremely impressed with this product.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...raptor-today-gen2.59415/page-317#post-1446547

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my truck and took delivery the day after it arrived, there were maybe two or three small rust spots underneath and I immediately went through this process to coat the underside and fix what little rust spots there was with paint. Over a year later, it still looks exactly as it does in these pictures, no rust and very shiny, just some water spots. Thought I’d share the process and products. I’m extremely impressed with this product.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...raptor-today-gen2.59415/page-317#post-1446547
I remember that! Wish my truck looked like that now.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be nice if Ford painted the underside. It's an incentive to rustproof since the city excessively brines and salts the roads here.

Wanna try Wool wax.