Ford F150 Master Brake Cylinder Class Action lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NealG

Reaction score
Got the notice for my 17, it is on the list, bought in GA, and fortunately no issues with brakes so far. AFAIK this isn't under the previous recalls for this by Ford, nothing in FordPass, and per the card, "Ford denies any wrongdoing or liability for the claims alleged and denies that any Class Vehicle is defective".

Todd Miller

Reaction score
I had a ‘16 Coyote engine F150, and sold it for ‘18 Raptor. Got post card for both on litigation. Says do nothing as see what settles out. Ford is fighting it regardless so anyones guess.

Kbd

Reaction score
Supposedly on 6 cyl engines only? Mine is a V8 but when I type in my VIN it says I am included. Not much good info out there unless you scrutinize your master cylinder to see if it is the Hitachi listed. Is there a part number visible on it? Will have to look. I hate class action suits. Lawyers get rich because of the sheer volume of participants. Anyone actually injured due to failing brakes that doesn't opt out will get a check for 3 bucks at the end of the class action with no ability to address their own loss of life or property separately.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received the card not too long ago, owner of a 2013 Ford Raptor in California.

I was having issues with my brakes. I replaced my pads and rotors after having mushy symptoms. Even after the brake service, I still had mushy brake pedal. I bled the brakes, feel got better but still mushy. Next is my brake lines. But I don't think it will fix anything.

I think my master cylinder is defective. Last night I tried bringing the truck to a dead stop from 60mph, it did not do well. My pedal was to the floor and nothing locked up. Going to replace my master cylinder and see what it does. Don't want to wait for this lawsuit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BenBB

Hey are we rich from this yet ?

LOL
Hahaha nooo not yet! I'm not even sure yet how to identify if the master cylinder is a Hitachi (bad) or Bosch (good), I've been meaning to crawl around under the hood to see if there's any markings but haven't had a chance yet. And Google is useless in that regard...

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Hahaha nooo not yet! I'm not even sure yet how to identify if the master cylinder is a Hitachi (bad) or Bosch (good), I've been meaning to crawl around under the hood to see if there's any markings but haven't had a chance yet. And Google is useless in that regard...

Darn. Lol

Yeah i have no idea either, maybes ill look tomorrow…if i remember.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received the card not too long ago, owner of a 2013 Ford Raptor in California.

I was having issues with my brakes. I replaced my pads and rotors after having mushy symptoms. Even after the brake service, I still had mushy brake pedal. I bled the brakes, feel got better but still mushy. Next is my brake lines. But I don't think it will fix anything.

I think my master cylinder is defective. Last night I tried bringing the truck to a dead stop from 60mph, it did not do well. My pedal was to the floor and nothing locked up. Going to replace my master cylinder and see what it does. Don't want to wait for this lawsuit.

Did you bleed the ABS? most guys don't/forget about that. The old two man method of pump and hold, or even using a pressure bleeder doesn't work all that well these days. I went through like 6 bottles of fluid on one of my cars after having the brake calipers painted. I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why my brakes sucked. Did some digging and found that i needed to activate the ABS module as I bled the brakes. Turn the ABS on. pressure bleed a little bit. all done. brakes were better than ever.

I suspect you prob need to try something similar if you are having issues. TBH, not sure how to turn on the ABS on the raptor. I'd have to do some digging. on the Audi, i have a tool called an OBDeleven which can do all that stuff. Might need something like a HP Tuners module or something. But thats where I'd start.

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You definitely need to cycle the ABS when replacing the master cylinder, interested to find out if we can do it with Forscan or something. I figure if I wind up replacing the master cylinder I'll go ahead and replace the booster as well...