Ford F150 Master Brake Cylinder Class Action lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did definitely did not activate the ABS module on the truck. I never had issues with other cars/trucks equipped with ABS.

If anyone has any findings, please let me know!

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing yet, www.f150brakelitigation.com and a quick internet search for the case number (Weidman, et al., v. Ford Motor Company, case No. 2:18-cv-12719-GAD-JJG) yields some heavily-legalese responses and orders but it appears the wheels of justice are grinding forward, no trial date set but it appears Ford isn't off the hook yet...

MrSkunks

Reaction score
I’ve replaced my front rotors and pads over a year ago and have never had great brakes. Under no speed can I lock the wheels, lower speed especially feels dangerous. How do I know if it’s worth replacing the master cylinder? Something I did notice is how quickly the brake fluid is looking burned.

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve replaced my front rotors and pads over a year ago and have never had great brakes. Under no speed can I lock the wheels, lower speed especially feels dangerous. How do I know if it’s worth replacing the master cylinder? Something I did notice is how quickly the brake fluid is looking burned.
I would usually exhaust every other possibility before replacing the master cylinder, but in light of the accusations maybe sooner is better than later heh. By other possibilities I mean rubber lines (can crack with age), caliper rebuild/replace (although if that was really the problem it would likely just manifest in one corner), fresh fluid (it may take a couple bleedings to get all the old out along with the moisture it absorbs). Side note, if the ABS system is working right you shouldn't be able to lock 'em up, unless of course you disable TCS and enable Off-Road Mode...but I know what you mean about the "not so great braking" feel. Yeah it's 3 tons of mass but I've driven bigger shit that stopped a lot better.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recalls suck! Its good things get fixed right but the hassle and time it takes.
This is not a recall, it's a lawsuit. I urge caution here. These are lawyers. Think Camp Lejune.

"Did you use the water at Camp Lejune from 1953 through 1987 to wash your truck? You may be entitled to significant compensation! Paint damage, body and frame rust, windshield damage, and fingernail fungus has been reported! Call the law firm of Screwem, Cheatem, and Fast for a free consultation."

Last edited:

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would usually exhaust every other possibility before replacing the master cylinder, but in light of the accusations maybe sooner is better than later heh. By other possibilities I mean rubber lines (can crack with age), caliper rebuild/replace (although if that was really the problem it would likely just manifest in one corner), fresh fluid (it may take a couple bleedings to get all the old out along with the moisture it absorbs). Side note, if the ABS system is working right you shouldn't be able to lock 'em up, unless of course you disable TCS and enable Off-Road Mode...but I know what you mean about the "not so great braking" feel. Yeah it's 3 tons of mass but I've driven bigger shit that stopped a lot better.
I've been searching for an aftermarket MC but haven't had any luck...

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might want to see what develops first, or see if you can source a Bosch master cylinder instead of the Hitachi...before I posted this thread I searched and found another with brake issues:
Do you or anyone else here have the Bosch part number? Brakes are soft with steel lines, performance pads, and rotors, going to do some maintenance and might as well refresh the bmc.

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't! Can't find anywhere that differentiates between the two, wondering if they cut in production for some year with the Hitachis and previous years were only Bosch (like if they started putting them in in '13, maybe a '12 would be Bosch and a direct replacement, but so far I'm not sure). Worst case maybe roll the dice with Rockauto or whoever and see if the new one is Bosch, return it if it's Hitachi...