Ford extended warrenty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they will ask me to sign up when I finally get the Truck, in 3 months, but what warrenty did anyone choose and for how long?

Also wahts the cost?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The consensus has been that Flood Ford has the prices to beat on the factory extended warranty. get a printout of their prices before you sign any paperwork. You can buy any time during at least the first year, and possibly before the 36k runs out, I’m not fully sure.

You need to evaluate your usage of the truck, expected and otherwise. As mine may get some extra miles on in, I selected a higher mileage option than my average car driving mileage history.

You have options for rental coverage, 1st day rental, etc. without first day rental and light coverage the extended options are a few hundred cheaper.

I’ve had pretty good luck with vehicle extended warranties in that they’ve paid for themselves 3 out of 5 times. This truck has a lot of bells and whistles, so I opted to get another extended warranty.

One thing I will suggest is if you are considering this, the factory option is better. I’ve gotten money out of an aftermarket warranty but it wasn’t easy, fun or worth the heart ache.

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought Ford Easy Care - Total Care Extended Warranty from dealer when bought my 2012 for around $1700, 7 year, 100,000 miles. I look at extended warranty as pre-paid maintenance and as noted above, well worth it when all the whiz bangs go out. Mine has paid for CV boot replacement, torn boot (not cv), transmission lead frame replacement, ignition switch, driver side blend door actuator, and a few other things; all after the factory warranty expired (of course!). $100 deductible and free rental.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I know they will ask me to sign up when I finally get the Truck, in 3 months, but what warrenty did anyone choose and for how long?

Also wahts the cost?

Take a serious look at how lucky big you believe you will own the the truck. If you think you will go past 5yr/60k mike drivetrain warranty, get an extended, FULL warranty that takes you where you believe you will be. Look at Flood Ford extended warranties to compare prices. You will want to make sure that your ownership experience does include a warranty for the time you have it

OP
OP
RaptorMaryland

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a serious look at how lucky big you believe you will own the the truck. If you think you will go past 5yr/60k mike drivetrain warranty, get an extended, FULL warranty that takes you where you believe you will be. Look at Flood Ford extended warranties to compare prices. You will want to make sure that your ownership experience does include a warranty for the time you have it
S
Thanks

I kept my last car 18 years and the one before that 15 years.

Ford only has 6 year? Is there any longer ones out there?