Ford Dealer Scams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm.... I must be lucky. I've never had any problems with the Ford dealers (more than a dozen; both big city and small town) I've dealt with over the past 50 (or so) years.... Knock on wood..

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So DFP says, and this guy parrots:

“Some say, some Ford dealers faked airbag repairs and others installed the airbags incorrectly."

Ford is a pretty risk averse company, HEAVILY regulated and sued multiple times per day. If a tech faked a repair and was found out, I would find it hard to believe FMC wouldn’t call for their termination, because they’d be putting FMC _and_ the stealership at grave financial risk.

If I’m the S/M and one of my techs does this, their fired, but only after the blanket party and then they’re ratted out and I would damn sure find a way to contact owners of vehicles that clown worked on. IDK... color me skeptical.

leonardopessoa

Living the dream
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2022 Raptor is my first Ford and, so far, my experience with 3 dealerships already have been terrible.

Purchased the vehicle last November with 18k miles in IL, was supposed to be Blue certified and it was just a box of surprises: didn't get the new wipers, oil change and full gas tank; came with aftermarket sound system (I could have seen it as a plus if only I knew about it and had a chance to ask what parts they used ... was old stuff and worse than the OEM), previous owner worked for the dealership and goes running before I take the exit to deliver me a COBB module (again, if only I knew the truck was tuned before and agreed with it); lastly, previous owner removed the modem fuse so my truck didn't get any connectivity functionality until we figured this out in another post here in this forum.

Another dealership took my truck in 3 times, disassembled my speakers completely to replace the TCU trying to figure out the connectivity issues, and asked me to purchase an OEM amplifier saying it would fix the issue .... IT WAS JUST A MISSING FUSE THEY FAILED TO CHECK.

Last dealership, currently working with, sounds more reasonable and friendly. Replaced my clunky shocks with no questions asked but can't figure out why my pre-collision assistant goes off randomly on highways while cruise control is on and DRIVING UNDER BRIDGES (??, i'm serious).

MFouts

Reaction score
This isn't a Ford issue alone. The industry as a whole is bent. So many factors, money/profit being number 1. Good employees are hard to find and for the most part they are a bit overwhelmed by the amount of warranty work to be done. I have purchased approx. 6 trucks and 5 cars in the last 10 years and most all but one or two from different dealers. Most of the issues I have had, is in sales but the overall quality of work coming from the service dept. is not up to par.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your issue is less Ford's issue, and more an issue with the previous owner removing parts prior to trading it in. With thousands of parts on these trucks, it would be difficult for any dealership or tech to determine what small part might have been removed from the previous owner.

Raptors have become vehicles that are frequently modified, tuned, Forscan changes, off-roaded, etc. It's really a grab bag buying one used if you don't know exactly what the prior owner modified.

leonardopessoa

Living the dream
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your issue is less Ford's issue, and more an issue with the previous owner removing parts prior to trading it in. With thousands of parts on these trucks, it would be difficult for any dealership or tech to determine what small part might have been removed from the previous owner.

Raptors have become vehicles that are frequently modified, tuned, Forscan changes, off-roaded, etc. It's really a grab bag buying one used if you don't know exactly what the prior owner modified.
I'm assuming this was a reply to my post.

The truck was supposed to be BlueCertified which gave me confidence I was purchasing something Ford was willing to back up - which I'm also wrong. Phone customer support told me that dealerships work like franchises and if they are not following a Ford program correctly, they will try to escalate but ultimately I have to address with where I purchased from. This is absolutely the opposite of the impression you get on a certification flyer. Ford also told me they had to disclose aftermarket parts if I was purchasing it from a Ford dealership under this program.

1718023166918.png

The previous owner also worked at the dealership, which makes it even worse.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm assuming this was a reply to my post.

The truck was supposed to be BlueCertified which gave me confidence I was purchasing something Ford was willing to back up - which I'm also wrong. Phone customer support told me that dealerships work like franchises and if they are not following a Ford program correctly, they will try to escalate but ultimately I have to address with where I purchased from. This is absolutely the opposite of the impression you get on a certification flyer. Ford also told me they had to disclose aftermarket parts if I was purchasing it from a Ford dealership under this program.

View attachment 456861

The previous owner also worked at the dealership, which makes it even worse.
Not putting this on you, but anyone who puts one iota of confidence in a certified label by a dealer, or those 128 point checks, is smoking something I want a puff of.

leonardopessoa

Living the dream
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not putting this on you, but anyone who puts one iota of confidence in a certified label by a dealer, or those 128 point checks, is smoking something I want a puff of.
I haven't had a lot of cars in the past and it was my first time purchasing an used one. Learned my lesson the hard way but that's not how businesses should be ran. If I hadn't gotten compensation from the dealership I purchased it from for all of their gaps, I'd had the Illinois Chamber of Commerce behind them.

OP
OP
TwizzleStix

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I haven't had a lot of cars in the past and it was my first time purchasing an used one. Learned my lesson the hard way but that's not how businesses should be ran. If I hadn't gotten compensation from the dealership I purchased it from for all of their gaps, I'd had the Illinois Chamber of Commerce behind them.

Yeah, well good luck with the CoC doing anything either. Their influence (in general) on local businesses hasn’t been effective in decades. Yes, back 40/50 years ago before the internet they were very effective at protecting consumers from criminal/unscrupulous businesses. I’m not even sure they still exist in many states.

The latest problem is that if they do exist, they’re staffed by woke idiot transgender “women” who have no idea what is “real”.