FORD dealer having issues cutting new keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autokraftgt

Reaction score
My 2012 Raptor has been at the Ford dealership all day and will be spending the night. Both my truck keys are missing and I had the truck towed this morning to the nearest Ford dealership so they could cut and program new keys for me.(first time losing keys ever)
Dealership just called and said "your truck is being stubborn and won't allow my techs to pull any info from the computer, the alarm goes off so the truck thinks it is being stolen and it is going into a protective security mode"
I said great, well it's in the right hands.....you guys are a certified Ford dealership so let's get this problem fixed. Service manager asked if I had an aftermarket alarm in the truck. I told him I bought the truck used but I have not installed any aftermarket alarm system during my ownership....and I have never had any type of aftermarket alarm fob on either of my factory keys. I know the alarm sounds the factory horn and the head and tail lights flash...I would think that is a factory alarm. Rant over...I am scared what the total bill will cost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc