GEN 1 Ford coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakko0o

Reaction score
Hey all I have a 2014 Raptor. Just wondering what coolant are you guys topping of with. Just noticed my reservoir is half inch below the low mark when truck is cold/off. I’m reading and everyone is just saying to stick with the ford orange. But not sure to get the concentrated or prediluted like it says on the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been sticking with the orange Motorcraft. I get mine from the Ford dealer - either concentrated or prediluted. It's not a great deal, but it's not outrageously expensive either. I run it in both the engine and my heat exchanger.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would only run the Ford stuff.

It's cheaper to buy concentrate and a gallon of distilled water than two gallons of pre-mixed.

OP
OP
wakko0o

wakko0o

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the quick reply. So it wouldn’t matter which I top out with. I will be using Distill water when I have to do the flush at 30k. I found this useful YouTube link to help with the process. Again thank you so much.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stick with the Orange from the dealership. Mine also was down 1/2" or so and it was a quick top off. With coolant, I always stick OEM.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the quick reply. So it wouldn’t matter which I top out with. I will be using Distill water when I have to do the flush at 30k. I found this useful YouTube link to help with the process. Again thank you so much.

Nooooo! There are only partial substitutes available at the auto parts stores. The Zerex product comes closest, but it's not the same formulation as the Ford product. Like Ford's Transfer Case Fluid, Motorcraft Orange Antifreeze/Coolant is proprietary. The 50/50 premix is part number VC-3DIL-B. You spent tens of thousands on your truck, and you want to risk it just to save $1.98 on coolant? Don't be a fool.

OP
OP
wakko0o

wakko0o

Reaction score
Nooooo! There are only partial substitutes available at the auto parts stores. The Zerex product comes closest, but it's not the same formulation as the Ford product. Like Ford's Transfer Case Fluid, Motorcraft Orange Antifreeze/Coolant is proprietary. The 50/50 premix is part number VC-3DIL-B. You spent tens of thousands on your truck, and you want to risk it just to save $1.98 on coolant? Don't be a fool.

I’m just topping off. Why would I add a different coolant to the reservoir? I understand where you are coming from tho. Get the best product for your truck, I definitely get that lol

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score

He was saying it didn't matter if he used pre-mixed orange or full strength orange when topping up- not that the type of coolant didn't matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter