Gen3 2022 Coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some Motorcraft prediluted yellow coolant to top of my truck today. Problem is that the truck seems to have a orange colored coolant from the factory in it and the new yellow is a fluorescent yellow in color. Any ideas if that could be an issue using the new stuff to top it off? Manual states Motorcraft yellow is the correct coolant.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some Motorcraft prediluted yellow coolant to top of my truck today. Problem is that the truck seems to have an orange colored coolant from the factory in it and the new yellow is a fluorescent yellow in color. Any ideas if that could be an issue using the new stuff to top it off? Manual states Motorcraft yellow is the correct coolant.
I’ve seen orange in some random YouTube videos I’ve watched. Mine is yellow though

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Psure orange (the name too) went away past 2018. May be its a dye? I know yellow sometimes comes dyed bright green

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s orange? I remember looking at my 2019 gen 2 worried because I saw two different colors but it was just the weird lighting making it look that way

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks about the backward compatibility info. It’s definitely orange. I topped it off and you could see the different colors in the reservoir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter