For those financing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doverrover

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did join NC consumer council after seeing your earlier msg ... but yes this might take a while. My truck is couple of hours away at the railyard from the dealership ... so it might get delivered anytime now. Genisys CU that I bank is offering 1.89% for 60 months ... I might just go with them.is
Thanks for the reply. I did join NC consumer council after seeing your earlier msg ... but yes this might take a while. My truck is couple of hours away at the railyard from the dealership ... so it might get delivered anytime now. Genisys CU that I bank is offering 1.89% for 60 months ... I might just go with them.
Is it a pain to become a member there?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liquidity is not a good thing in an economy with runaway inflation like we seem to be facing. The money I have in the bank is worth 8% less than it was a year ago, while the cars and real estate I own are worth 35% more than a year ago.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say (understandably). I should have been more accurate yes keep cash but not all. I should have said to keep some cash and invest the rest but still being as liquid as possible. House payments and car payments never change. no matter how much they are worth. Plus liquidity doesn't mean just cash. its a measurement of how quickly an asset can be bought or sold. so being more liquid is always the best even in this market even more so. Heck of a lot better than being overly leveraged. thats why I said to keep the amount of equity in your house or car at a point that you can weather a storm and not be underwater like the crash of 2007. need to be agile and quick to react

Last edited:

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't take this the wrong way and serious question here - why are you, seemingly, so angry with how others spend their money?
Not at all and the reason is because it affects everyone directly who buys after someone pays ADM. If people stood their ground these dealers wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

Last edited:

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sound like one of those guys that refuses to do anything until "everything is just right." I know them well. 60yo in a new corvette, going 20mph under the speed limit
Well I bought a house in December so there goes that theory. Ideally yes I do tend to wait for the perfect scenario but we all know that doesn’t exist so I work to find the best option. I ended up making the right decision on the house so far but who knows what future holds.

Btw I’d never buy a vette and I’d only be going 20 under if my wife was in the passenger seat. She’d probably still be telling me I’m going too fast.