FOR SALE: VENOMREX 601 BRONZE with NITTO RG's 35x12.50-20 *SET OF 5*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I can just sell the whole set and buy the wheels and tires but I’d probably have to fork out more cash than I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer to trade. I’ll keep post going for a while and see what happens.

Fshnrig

Reaction score
Oh I’m sorry, I totally misinterpreted that.

Yes I agree - the offset is the same as stock and the tires might be 1/10th of an inch taller but I think they are actually 1/2” narrower than the stock BFG’s. There shouldn’t be any rubbing anywhere. They stuff in the fenders just like the stock wheel/tire combo.

Not sure why you say the offset is the same as stock. Stock is 17x8.5 +34, those 601s are 20x9 +12. Could be why people are asking if it rubs.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you say the offset is the same as stock. Stock is 17x8.5 +34, those 601s are 20x9 +12. Could be why people are asking if it rubs.

At the end of the day you are technically correct but the difference in offset between an 8.5” wheel and 9” wheel isn’t just about the referenced number but also about the difference in width of the wheel. Add into that the difference in width of the tire and you come up with “the same offset as stock” which keeps it very easy for anyone looking for wheels to not have to do a ton of searching or math wondering if these would fit without rubbing. You add into that the fact that Vorsteiner makes wheels vehicle specific which is why they only have one size of the 601’s, hence guaranteed to fit like a factory wheel and we are just splitting hairs aren’t we? All in all the difference is 0.23” but you’re right to make it seem as if I’m not telling the truth.

Fshnrig

Reaction score
At the end of the day you are technically correct but the difference in offset between an 8.5” wheel and 9” wheel isn’t just about the referenced number but also about the difference in width of the wheel. Add into that the difference in width of the tire and you come up with “the same offset as stock” which keeps it very easy for anyone looking for wheels to not have to do a ton of searching or math wondering if these would fit without rubbing. You add into that the fact that Vorsteiner makes wheels vehicle specific which is why they only have one size of the 601’s, hence guaranteed to fit like a factory wheel and we are just splitting hairs aren’t we? All in all the difference is 0.23” but you’re right to make it seem as if I’m not telling the truth.

Sorry man, have to disagree. A 9" wide wheel with a +12 offset will stick out just over an inch (1.09") compared to stock, with about .6" of additional inner clearance. It will still fit without issues, but its not .23" like you say.

OP
OP
19RaptorPB

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, have to disagree. A 9" wide wheel with a +12 offset will stick out just over an inch (1.09") compared to stock, with about .6" of additional inner clearance. It will still fit without issues, but its not .23" like you say.

A 9” wheel with +12mm offset will protrude 4.03” from the hub.

An 8.5” wheel with a +34mm offset will protrude 2.92” from the hub which is a difference of 1.11” so you are absolutely correct, and I was wrong with my math.

The factory BFG’s are 12.7” wide and the Nitto RG’s are 12.5” which gives me back a measly 0.2” which will drop the overall protrusion to a difference of 0.91”

That is still not a significant enough difference to cause rubbing on this specific vehicle, but I stand corrected - it is not the same offset but absolutely does not rub in any way which was my point about Vorsteiner wheels making their wheels for specific vehicles which is more or less a guaranteed fit. My apologies for any confusion.

Fshnrig

Reaction score
A 9” wheel with +12mm offset will protrude 4.03” from the hub.

An 8.5” wheel with a +34mm offset will protrude 2.92” from the hub which is a difference of 1.11” so you are absolutely correct, and I was wrong with my math.

The factory BFG’s are 12.7” wide and the Nitto RG’s are 12.5” which gives me back a measly 0.2” which will drop the overall protrusion to a difference of 0.91”

That is still not a significant enough difference to cause rubbing on this specific vehicle, but I stand corrected - it is not the same offset but absolutely does not rub in any way which was my point about Vorsteiner wheels making their wheels for specific vehicles which is more or less a guaranteed fit. My apologies for any confusion.

All good man. At least we gave your ad a bump. GLWS or trade.