FoMoCo bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose to get the best of both world, you can get factory bed liner and just get the tail gate Line X. It seems like the factory one can peel off in one piece.

https://youtu.be/k1j-pMbKDbU

Last edited:
OP
OP
Edbert

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose to get the next world, you can get factory bed liner and just get the tail gate Line X. It seems like the factory one can peel off in one piece.
Wow that is terrible, I'd read they were not resistant to cutting, but the review said nothing about peeling!

JLP83

Reaction score
The factory also sprays right over the bed bolts which is retarded. Line X took the time to remove all hardware and prepare the surface when they sprayed mine. Worth a little more money to me.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the factory bed liner on my 2014. I was happy with it. Considering what to do on a 2019. I see a lot of Line-x fans here. However if you go to F150 forum there are many Line-x horror stories. Line-x is a franchise and what you end up with is only as good as the franchisee and their employees.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the factory bed liner on my 2014. I was happy with it. Considering what to do on a 2019. I see a lot of Line-x fans here. However if you go to F150 forum there are many Line-x horror stories. Line-x is a franchise and what you end up with is only as good as the franchisee and their employees.

Very true. There is always that variable, I didnt think about that.

I can vouch for LineX in Orange County CA. Clean install, no issues. Did a great job on the wheel wells too.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. There is always that variable, I didnt think about that.

I can vouch for LineX in Orange County CA. Clean install, no issues. Did a great job on the wheel wells too.

On my 2014, it was applied by Ford factory and they had set up a robotic bed spray application, I believe starting that year to provide a more consistent application. Not sure if that is still used.

OP
OP
Edbert

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X has been pretty widely recognized as a leadin product for a long time, but maybe that is the point...a long time.

I'm willing to entertain that the product has been exceeded in recent years, but will need evidence.

Also, total agreement on the person/place doing the application, I think that often causes the disparity of opinions on a given product, you know where one person loves it and the other hates it. Locally I was thinking of "4 wheel parts", there's one nearby that my friends in the Jeep club are all happy with, I was even considering a 12-18 inch strip of the stuff on the lower body.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found a picture on the net, you can see the area's the factory liner does not protect the tailgate.
This is my reason to cancel the factory liner and get an aftermarket instead.

I covered that part up with a Bed Rug Mat XL. It is also soft on the knees when crawling around in the back of the truck.

Plus, my BakFlip is always closed, so no one see the EXTRA BIG Ford Logo. I thought the size of the logo was a little over the top, but the truck had everything else I wanted so I went with it. Saved me from buying the full size bed rug, anyway. ($199 vs $399)

Last edited:

JLP83

Reaction score
Line-X has been pretty widely recognized as a leadin product for a long time, but maybe that is the point...a long time.

I'm willing to entertain that the product has been exceeded in recent years, but will need evidence.

Also, total agreement on the person/place doing the application, I think that often causes the disparity of opinions on a given product, you know where one person loves it and the other hates it. Locally I was thinking of "4 wheel parts", there's one nearby that my friends in the Jeep club are all happy with, I was even considering a 12-18 inch strip of the stuff on the lower body.
The people doing the work definitely have an impact. My local line-x dealer is great. I wouldn't let the local 4 wheel parts shop touch anything I own.