FlowFx muffler leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that they have been out for a while. Anyone else have the Flowmaster flowfx “Directfit”?
Hopefully, that installed it themselves.

The tubing diameter isnt an easy fit, and Ive had an exhaust leak/ticking since day one. Doesn’t seem to seat fully so it leaks by the clamps.
Cant hear inside the truck, but standing on passenger side can hear it.

basically want to know if my experience is just me.
Sidenote, I really like the new tone.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
I installed the FlowFX s little less than a year ago. I’ve had no issues, no leaks, the fit was very tight and took some finessing. You’re right, the tone is great. Best of all is no drone when driving highway speeds and no rasp when you get into it. I couldn’t be more pleased with the sound and quality.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the part number please? Their website is shit.

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the FlowFX s little less than a year ago. I’ve had no issues, no leaks, the fit was very tight and took some finessing. You’re right, the tone is great. Best of all is no drone when driving highway speeds and no rasp when you get into it. I couldn’t be more pleased with the sound and quality.

Mine was so tight i had to buy an exhaust spreader. Which i broke. The tubes were the same size, no way it was going in. But couldn’t bottom the muffler out before the tubes going over the axle would contact the crossmember.

Mine may be one of the early ones. ******.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had the FlowMaster FLowFX muffler for almost two years on my 2018. I have no leaking or unusual sounds coming from under the truck. I also did the SPD Turbo Adapters and the truck sounds great under heavy acceleration with no droning at any speed.

The install fitment for the muffler was very difficult, but I think the results were well worth the extra effort.

OP
OP
Biggwrm

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the FlowMaster FLowFX muffler for almost two years on my 2018. I have no leaking or unusual sounds coming from under the truck. I also did the SPD Turbo Adapters and the truck sounds great under heavy acceleration with no droning at any speed.

The install fitment for the muffler was very difficult, but I think the results were well worth the extra effort.

Same here SPD and no drone. I dont think they get as much credit as they should. Ive been very happy with sound. Just that light tick while its warming up. Been looking at a better stepped clamp then stock. Something to overlap the seam.
Ive had mine for over a year, tho only 4k miles. Hasn’t bothered me enough to do anything about itz

Chalk mine up to being slightly out of spec, or me having a bad day lol