floor jack mount in bed. Looking for pic and ideas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outlaw offroad has a quick release floor jack mount…..nice, but kinda pricey…that's jus my personal…you know..

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please help me with mounting solutions for my floor jack!!!

So I have the Alpha 1 outlaw bed rack. It has a dedicated spot for THEIR quick release system using a 2 ton Craftsman jack. Their system is $400 not including the jack. Not knocking them at all, I'm sure it works like a dream!! I just can't afford that. Plus, I already have the 3 ton Harbor Freight non race jack.

It's 30 pounds heavier then the race version but 30 pounds is nothing for me. I'm strong enough to offset the price difference. LOL

So since I'm having a difficult time coming up with a way to mount it in its dedicated slot, can you guys show me other options? How did you mount your floor jack to your rack or bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming a custom mounting plate is out of the question? I know that was your first idea. Is the jack too wide for the Alpha one rack? Or do you just need ideas on a mounting plate design?

You've seen my rack, I'm sure we could figure something out if I saw it... A cut-off wheel, a welder and some extra piping can to wonders... Lol

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The area is fine. Jack isn't too wide or too tall. Just having a hard time mounting since I can't weld.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The area is fine. Jack isn't too wide or too tall. Just having a hard time mounting since I can't weld.

I made mine without welding at all but, I dod use some heat to bend the plate. I went with 1/4in aluminum only cause its what I had laying around. You can use a smaller thickness plate and make it quite easy.
Jackmount004_zps7f0117a2.jpg
Jackmount003_zps6ce79751.jpg
Jackmount002_zpsf1fbee6c.jpg
Jackmount001_zpsffecd25a.jpg

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you find places to put tie downs i have one thats held down with one tie down and it hasnt moved at all through all the runs ive been on.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
tbone has my old rack which use to be Bbrown1867. Anyhow, it wouldn't exactly apply but I think ratchet straps could solve your problem.

Does the 3 ton jack long enough stick over either end of the cross bars of the rack?

From looking at the rack you need a platform going across the existing bars to mount the Jack to. You could get a piece of sheet metal and secure it to the existing holes on the bars and use a ratchet to tie the jaack down to it.

I hope this makes sense. It's probably the simplest fix.

Last edited:

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
tbone has my old rack which use to be Bbrown1867. Anyhow, it wouldn't exactly apply but I think ratchet straps could solve your problem. Does the 3 ton jack long enough stick over either end of the cross bars of the rack? From looking at the rack you need a platform going across the existing bars to mount the back to. You could get a piece of sheet metal and secure it to the existing holes on the bars and use a ratchet to tie the rack down to it. I hope this makes sense. It's probably the simplest fix.

That's probably what I'm gonna try

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here's what I did

I mounted a plate to the floor jack spot and the set the jack in the middle of the plate

image-3703824572.jpg

And then I installed an eye bolt in to the back of the plate and slide the jack all the way to the back til it was touching the eye bolt

image-2311951544.jpg

I ran a tie down OVER THE TOP from the rear eye bolt to a study cross member on the jack. In addition I ran two tie downs from the same sturdy cross member UNDERNEATH THE PLATE to the rear of the jack and attached them. These are pulling against each other and very very sturdy. Thy aren't moving!!

image-307391139.jpg

image-866923620.jpg

I just got the long loose tails and wrapped them around a pipe of my rack.

Here's the finished product

image-203688642.jpg

image-1478872625.jpg

Tied down by three tie downs. All of them are sturdy in there. It's a cheap mod, home made, doesn't look pretty, but does the job I'm looking for.

And before you ask, I had my gramps use a welder and we cut the wheels off. This is the HF 3 ton non race.