Ideas for mounting a headache rack? Magnum HollowPoint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I've got two trucks. An old LB7 Duramax GMC as my work truck and the G1 Raptor. Gotta sell the D-max and put the Magnum rack on my Raptor so I can carry a 28' ladder for work occasionally. Unfortunate reality....
Ahhhh yeah, understand. reality sets in and does suck at time

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Did you drill it near the edge so that you could put a nut on it from the underside? I was thinkin' I need to set a RivetNut in there, cuz mounting near the middle of the rail?

My 2014 G1 bedsides, fenders, everything is magnetic, so steel. Factory front fenders and hood are not magnetic. Just checked.

I drilled in the middle of the bed rail to allow a fender washer on the underside. The OBS has diamond plate bed caps and I still used a fender washer.

Entourage7

Reaction score
My Gen 1 Raptor flares on the top of the bedliner so there is no way to get a Magnum rack on without cutting the bed liner. I'm set on the look and functionality of the rack. Look/ lights and window opening. Magnum said no warranty if install it but didn't expect one. They couldn't give me accurate dimensions on the 2011 F150 unit to make sure it lands in the middle of the rails. Was going to drill a second bolt hole because of lacking pockets. I bolt point doesn't seem like enough, even if the bed is steel. I would also washer and silicone holes to prevent leakage. I also have a between the rails tonneau. Any measurments out there on an 11" F150 rack?? Rhanks

OP
OP
F

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen 1 Raptor flares on the top of the bedliner so there is no way to get a Magnum rack on without cutting the bed liner. I'm set on the look and functionality of the rack. Look/ lights and window opening. Magnum said no warranty if install it but didn't expect one. They couldn't give me accurate dimensions on the 2011 F150 unit to make sure it lands in the middle of the rails. Was going to drill a second bolt hole because of lacking pockets. I bolt point doesn't seem like enough, even if the bed is steel. I would also washer and silicone holes to prevent leakage. I also have a between the rails tonneau. Any measurments out there on an 11" F150 rack?? Rhanks
Hey Entourage7,

I've got the Magnum HollowPoint rack on my 2001 Duramax 2500HD, and coincidently it looks like it will sit smack spot on in the middle of my 2014 Raptor's bedrails. Might even work with your tonneau? I'll get you some numbers here this weekend, it's on my to-do list to move this rack to my raptor. Funny, they wouldn't give me dimensions nor would they try to sell me one for the raptor in spite of their website having a pic of a magum rack on our Raptors. Good idea about the silicone, and I'm using 1/4" rubber underneath the mount foot to cushion the plastic bedcap; we'll see if that's necessary.

The Magnum is a great rack btw, incredibly light alum extrusion, and the channel attachment system works well. I've not carried anything weighing more than a 28' ext ladder, but seems strong. Lastly, aesthetically, on the truck, looks are the best of breed, IMHO....

Attachments

• Raptor with magnum-truck-rack-with-tonneau-cover.jpg
    Raptor with magnum-truck-rack-with-tonneau-cover.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter