Flex fuel on a brand new ford raptor 6.2 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevenn31

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a brand new ford raptor yesterday.
And I'm asking some questions.
Can I put flex fuel into this truck without any risk?
Does anyone of you got this truck (6.2) and is currently using that kind of fuel?
Thanks for your answer.
Steven.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Boy, Wilson arriving in Three, Two, One.....

Many threads on this topic with a variety of opinions.

My opinion and owners manual on my 2011. Don't use it!

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your Raptor and don't use it in a 6.2.

Wilson, the e-30 advocate, will chime in and make you watch informational videos!

By the way, we like to have fun in here too.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you can only use 5% flexfuel with the 6.2, the 5.4 is 15%, but if you change the plugs in the 5.4 you can use 85%, that's how I understand the usage.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you can only use 5% flexfuel with the 6.2, the 5.4 is 15%, but if you change the plugs in the 5.4 you can use 85%, that's how I understand the usage.
Careful with the terms. "FlexFuel" isn't a fuel. its Ford's marketing term used to describe an engine and fuel system capable of handling up to 85% ethanol. E85 is a fuel mixture of gasoline and ethanol where up to 85% of the mix is ethanol.

Depending on where you live, you might already be running 10% ethanol (California for example) in your regular gasoline; to help connect the dots, you might call it E10. Any more than that in a system not designed for it may have problems.