First Truck, first Ford, lovin it so far!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jose100fires

Reaction score
2018 Oxford White…Grew up in Colorado around trucks and now live in the Northwest. I do some long distance shooting and flyfishing and got tired of bringing my BMWs to places they shouldn’t go! I’ve always been a sports car fan, I even instructed high speed driving at PIR. This is my first truck but it seems as though it’s the sports car of trucks! Researched the crap out of the Raptor for a year now and finally pulled the trigger!
The suspension and the way the truck drives is taking some time to get used to! Also, braking is… different?! Not sure it’s up to par, but I have no frame of reference.
Upgrades and Mods?? I think I’m going to look at upgraded brakes. I’ve had some good experience with JB4s in the past with my BMWs so I think I’m going to give my truck a tune with Burger tuning. I think I’ll install some rigid lights in the fog light holes, Decked system, and an canopy and call it good.
Love the new truck and am looking forward to some fun times!9E25ED2C-5663-4DC9-BE1D-03F47D533F61.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

Braking is good for a 5700 pound truck, and you’re basically traction limited by the tires. There’s a lot less initial bite with the Rap brakes, and quite a bit of weight transfer. You’ll get use to it.
I do some long distance shooting and flyfishing and got tired of bringing my BMWs to places they shouldn’t go!
Who shows up to a shooting event in a Brand B?
Good job realizing this social faux pas and correcting it.
Upgrades and Mods?? I think I’m going to look at upgraded brakes. I’ve had some good experience with JB4s in the past with my BMWs so I think I’m going to give my truck a tune with Burger tuning
Careful here. The Rap computers don’t take kindly to signals out of range as most piggyback type tuners work. Get used to it first, it’s more than capable off road than most drivers.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet rides! After owning a Decked, I think you are better off buying a high quality bed cover. Decked units take up a lot space for the storage space. They also weigh quite a bit too.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Looks like a nicely matched pair of white vehicles.

I can remember when shooting NRA Highpower matches for a good number of years. The best Highpower master would show up in his Mustang GT convertible blasting classical music. While most had trucks out there. Guess who regular walked away with the match? And we knew that from the start lol.

Enjoy that truck.

01Moch1

Reaction score
A big welcome to you from a few exits down 205 in OC. I wish my '18 was white but when buying used, you generally have to compromise somewhere... Looks good, maybe I'll see you on the road sometime