First time out today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

augustus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today being Thanksgiving, alot of the family wanted to experience the Raptor. So, I took people out 2-4 at a time. I got on it pretty good. We got some air a couple of times, some steep ups and downs, 80-90 MPH through the desert, etc... So I now have some questions for you more experienced owners. While driving I kept a watchful eye on all of my gauges and no probs. However, after parking, there was a peculiar smell (outside). Kinda of like "new car" hot smell emanating from the front. I'm thinking that's exactly what it is. Just a new engine burning off the factory cleanliness. Am I right? Is this normal? Thanks for any feedback.

OP
OP
A

augustus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance Buck. Another question if you don't mind. After such a romping,(especially in a new vehicle) is there any thing I should check to make sure everything is still tight and in the right place?

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Just the newness burning off is what you're smelling. You can always look at suspension components for any loosening but, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. You can also mark nuts and bolts with a marker and keep an eye on them to see if they've moved. Where in AZ are you located and where'd you go romping at?

OP
OP
A

augustus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOCOM,
Thanks for the ideas. I live in Gilbert, but we were romping around the Picacho Reservoir near Coolidge. Where are you located?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find my does the 'smell' thing after a lot of hard braking, specifically in the desert.