First Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"There is a significant amount of lag when you get on the throttle"

Have ya discovered the TOW/HAUL(ASS) button on your shifter yet? Fixes this problem right but quick! Grabs a lower gear and hauls ass! Engine brakes when slowing (as does ORM) - sounds beastly with aftermarket exhaust - guys sometimes roll their windows down and look around for the performance vehicle approaching the stoplight haha. The shift points are much better off the line - truly it's HAUL(ASS).

Since I discovered this little trick, I am loathe to go back to Econo-mode and 6th gear - at least for in-town driving until I get up to speed...

'13s still have this little feature hopefully?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"There is a significant amount of lag when you get on the throttle"

Have ya discovered the TOW/HAUL(ASS) button on your shifter yet? Fixes this problem right but quick! Grabs a lower gear and hauls ass! Engine brakes when slowing (as does ORM) - sounds beastly with aftermarket exhaust - guys sometimes roll their windows down and look around for the performance vehicle approaching the stoplight haha. The shift points are much better off the line - truly it's HAUL(ASS).

Since I discovered this little trick, I am loathe to go back to Econo-mode and 6th gear - at least for in-town driving until I get up to speed...

'13s still have this little feature hopefully?

I never think of that button how ever I do run manual in town it's the best manual shift I've ever used that is still automatic. the performance vehicle is spot on I did this going past the dyno shop I used as they where walking across the lot whipped it in to 2nd gear and gave it a few wha wha thought the heads where going to whip off lol.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I forgot to mention I have SW headers CAI and diablosport tune.

Last edited:

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont have my Raptor yet, but i have learned alot of great info just now!! So is there anything in addition with a 5 star tune to get for the sake of performance? I plan on occasional off-roading on the weekends. A beastly sound would be nice to have with some kind of intake or exaust. But i also dont want excess water in the wrong areas when offraoding. Any precautionary measures to inforce on this subject?

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had heard from the forum that the afe filter was not that great (lets alot of particles through). I ordered a donaldson powercore filter to go on my afe intake for better filtration. Also will order an intake cover from 5star for offroading. Between those two things should be fine

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah after reading about mishaps like guys hydrolocking thier engines, im deffinately going for a good shield\filter.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah after reading about mishaps like guys hydrolocking thier engines, im deffinately going for a good shield\filter.

Unless you plan to add a snorkel and/or you're a hydrodynamics engineer, I think it's unlikely you're going to improve on the stock box when it comes to water incursion protection.

Follow the manual's instructions. If you want to push further or harder or deeper than that, raising the intake inlet is only one of many considerations you'll need to make. Otherwise the stock air box is more than up to the task.

Last edited: