Finished up my Rough Country light install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The high

The high beams definitely reaches out further but not by a large margin. Biggest thing I noticed with this bar is while the high beams stretch a little further, it’s more like isolated or like a spot light beam.

The bar is more of a flood. It really lightens up everything but it does not reach as far as the high beams.

Thanks man. Great reply

nick71692

Reaction score
I installed the rough country fog light kit about 11 months ago...light output is great, but the housing quality leaves a lot to be desired. The black coating has peeled off almost every one and now I have exposed metal which looks terrible. I dont offroad just day to day driving up here in Ohio.

In addition to light output I would assume a kit like BD would be much more durable for the cost.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@nick71692

Yes, the Baja Designs, Rigid, KC's all definitely have a better coating to the light housings. You might reach out to Rough Country and see if they'll warranty them. Less than a year old and the finish is almost completely gone would qualify for new lights from most companies.

ccschauf

Reaction score
I am having issues with the wiring aspect of this. Could you show me how you ran the wires and modified the wiring harness given the on/off switch provided (assuming you ran them to the existing switches in the truck?). I’m confused. Thanks much!

Reaction score
@Cliff Lohner I installed one of these 30” bars as well. It was pretty straight forward install. I was concerned about the clearance on the light bar and Louvers since it’s pretty tight in there. Once I got it all installed I stood by the grill and remote started the truck to see if there were any issues. The Louvers work just fine. However, I noticed when going from completely open position to initiate closing, there is a little click noise. I don’t know if that is just the noise of the Louvers starting to move or if it’s actually hitting the light bar. I was curious if you have the same happening?