Finally a Raptor in my driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Inaugural trip to the dealer, hope this isn’t a regular occurrence lol — frozen tailgate, got a bed cover so no way to fix it myself

So what was the remedy? Was it the locking mechanism or?

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
my daughters 12 and 18 confirmed tonight "dads truck is our favorite"....i almost wept a little
HAHAHA....When I bought mine, my wife, youngest daughter and sister in law were out of town so they were unaware that I had one....So when they arrived from their trip, guess who went to pick them up at the airport? I had to call them from the truck/infotainment and told them I was waiting for them right across two lanes parked...First two responses; 1. wife, 2. daughter: "I knew you were up to something bc you were ignoring my calls" , "This truck screams, RED NECK" Of course, my responses were respectively, "every time you called I was driving and I couldn't use the phone (my 2004 FX4 doesn't have handsfree, heeehhe) and to my 21 yr old fine arts graduating dance student, I had to educate her on the finer details of monster trucks, swamp trucks, off road trail trucks and desert/baja trucks!

PS; "...and like a good attorney, my sis-in-law, No comment."

Last edited:

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HAHAHA....When I bought mine, my wife, youngest daughter and sister in law were out of town so they were unaware that I had one....So when they arrived from their trip, guess who went to pick them up at the airport? I had to call them from the truck/infotainment and told them I was waiting for them right across two lanes parked...First two responses; 1. wife, 2. daughter: "I knew you were up to something bc you were ignoring my calls" , "This truck screams, RED NECK" Of course, my responses were respectively, "every time you called I was driving and I couldn't use the phone (my 2004 FX4 doesn't have handsfree, heeehhe) and to my 21 yr old fine arts graduating dance student, I had to educate her on the finer details of monster trucks, swamp trucks, off road trail trucks and desert/baja trucks!

PS; "...and like a good attorney, my sis-in-law, No comment."

Heh.
Breh.

OP
OP
Luke M

Luke M

Reaction score
Na, bought it used. Thought about extending the warranty but not sure if it’s worth it. I’m not really driving it hard or anything and $3k for 36,000 miles seems a bit steep (I’m in Florida and apparently there’s a law here they can’t budge on pricing).

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Na, bought it used. Thought about extending the warranty but not sure if it’s worth it. I’m not really driving it hard or anything and $3k for 36,000 miles seems a bit steep (I’m in Florida and apparently there’s a law here they can’t budge on pricing).

I’m down the road from you and that’s my understanding about the extended’s. A bunch of price fixing and legal red tape associated with all of it. Don’t think we can purchase out of state and get breaks like other’s can do unfortunately.

Well it’s used and part that FB the shake down your going through with it. Hopefully everything else stays solid.