Figured i can post info up in here AVIC Z110BT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This info was on the "other" forum, but i tried figuring out a way to where they wont be seen on the other forum anymore, but i figured the info can be posted up on here...but this is how my install looked after i cut the OEM dash and installed the Avic Z110BT navigation unit. here is the info posted after the install:

I just installed my navigation (Z110B) in my Raptor about 2 weeks ago, it was tricky considering there isn't a wiring harness out for it as of yet, but I used my old 2005 harness and after some time, everything works great! I did not like the stock sync in comparison to my pioneer, the pioneer blows it out of the water. I also cut the stock panel, which looks dead smooth, and the stock screen shows "sound by sony" and still shows all the temps and interior temp controls. It won't display the music, which it shouldn't considering my navi displays everything.

But everything works awesome, I couldn't be more happier! here are some pics:

IMG00082-20100312-1107.jpg

IMG00047-20100213-1651-1.jpg

here is how it looks when connected to your I-Pod:

30761_wm.jpg

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is one NICE installation!!!! I'm impressed! :clap::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nicely done! Glad it turned out well for you and that's what matters - you're happy with it.

As for me I'm building my relationship with the beot...err, the nice lady inside my SYNC :)

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1, tried the aftger market route, like the OEM with SYNC, but great job!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Awesome install, Jesse!! I am assuming you have the upgraded radio that comes with the luxury package, correct? Can you provide some more details on the wiring portion of the install? Do you have any more pics?

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where i screwed up at was taking pics during install...i was more worried about getting it done...took me 4 days lol

what anybody SHOULD do if they want to do this install, is purchase the "actual' wiring harness for 2010 F150 models...or if they sell it, for the Raptor....but everything clicked right in...its just plugging in the wiring harness, atenna, mic, fabrication...setup, remove yellow wire to ground location so you can watch movies while in motion.

what i did was kinda ghetto, but it will work and work well. had to splice certain power wires....so my navi in the raptor doesnt work exactly like OEM. for instance, when i turn the key off, everything shuts off...If you purchase the actual harness, it will shut off when you open the door and so on.

but everything i used was for a 2005 F150...but now its hacked and probably couldnt be used again lol

yes, i had the stock sony system in my raptor before. I also have the steering wheel cable...so i can adjust the volume with my steering wheel and change stations and so on...just cant use the voice recognition on steering wheel. I also used my Ipod cable, dead easy to install, installed it in my glove box...just drop your glove box and route right behind it...and for the mic install, just pull your door insulation, run it behind it and install by rear view mirror.

the sub was kinda tricky cause it has special adapter...but i basically ran a seperate power wire to the dash..all looks clean and hidden, looks almost dead OEM...looks and sounds AWESOME! the sub kicks ass....system is killer.

all i used for help and reference were install videos on youtube, and the directions that comes with the unit. I will say a bud of mine with a sawzaw cut the dash...i dont have one, so i took measurements on the backside and applied blue tape to the front to prevent any scratches and went to town...touch up with a dremel. I began my cut from the top down...thats so the OEM trim will be seen, and my cut will be hidden if there are any imperfections.

thanks guys! im sure more than a handful of people can do this..the fabrication was the hardest part really...should almost be plug and play, with the exception of running a power cable to the battery itself and keeping it clean.

you can buy the bezel, that replaces the entire center counsel, and you can get that sent off to get painted to match the grey/silver..and that fits right in like a glove no probs. i just like the OEM design...looks sick.