GEN 2 Few shots of the current phase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it happens. Man probably doesn’t know the rear leafs aren’t the best because it’s on a block. Front springs improved the ride as well. Less body roll and less front end dipping when braking. Not to mention my fenders allowed for easy clearance on the 37s
You don’t know what I know so don’t assume.
See here is the thing your getting "your opinion" and "incorrect assumption" mixed up.
No matter how many times you say it in this thread they guy hardly did anything to the suspension. so yes i agree that suspension is PART of what defines a raptor it was hardly enough changed to warrant starting with a base f150.

The fenders also are specifically built off the raptor mounting points and brackets. and again the OP only did the front fenders which constitutes maybe 15% of the whole raptor body, also not enough to warrant starting with a base f150, and so this same theme continues...

So if you want to say it looks cartoonish, or you like the wrap but not the wheels, thats fine as as you put "your american right!". The issue is when you start throwing in incorrect assumptions, like "he replaced everything that makes it a raptor" plain and simple that is completely false and no where near accurate. This is why i said back away from the keyboard. not because of your opinion but for the "incorrect assumption" you were starting to say, and the way this forum operates, the assumptions you were going to attempt to support. so i jokingly made a jab that for your own good just stop cause you were going to get poked at by others
Fine. Fair enough.

There seems to be a disconnect as well between speaking in general terms and absolute specifics when it fits someones point of view.

Obviously there are 1000's of parts that are different and there is more to the raptor than what I listed, and even more than what you listed so I guess I can point out how you assumed based on your general statements?

You do understand the difference between general and absolute right?
I guess I should have busted out the parts catalog to compare and contract as well as the engineering spec's to make a point that it looks like a cartoonish brodozer with those wheels and be dismissive of the changes?

Be real man. srsly. Next time I'll put a "WARNING: GENERALIZED STATEMENT AHEAD"

Smokey

Reaction score
Well...if some or all RF members do it then it must be good? Do you understand suspension...at all? 37s require much more significant mods than the OP performed. They look good but way stress out the front end and reduce performance. Do you understand catch can technology...at all? https://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/...lve-Oil-Catch-Can-vs-a-Single-Valve_b_13.html JLT only works at idle. any boost at all and the vacuum disappears unless you have an alternate source. If oyu install a catch can then only a dual valve can will provide any benefit. The JLT is a complete waste of time and money. It goes on and on. Mall crawler mods differ quite a bit from off road mods. I read your comments as if you were addressing the off road ability and to that end you are so very uninformed. If you were addressing mall crawler ability then I mis understood and stand corrected. As a mall crawler you can turn it into any kind of xmas tree that suits you and it's all good.

I see you enjoy your own opinion very much, so much so that you're willing to type out a novel for no apparent reason. good for you bro.

worry not about what I do or don't know. OP didn't alter his truck in any significantly negative manner. different wheels and he can off-road the shit out of it.
you may or may not like some of the mods... cool, that's up to you man.

Smokey

Reaction score
What, mostly, separates a raptor from an f150 is the suspension as a general statement. When the whole of the suspension is replaced, then why start with a raptor?

"when the whole of the suspension is replaced..."

what are you on about? running eibachs and icon rears?

you know the factory rear springs are absolute trash right? like I don't even think this is debatable. ask literally anyone that's swapped to Deaver or icon... EVERY aspect of ride, handling and off-road performance is increased.

as for the front, I personally wanted a level truck. eibach springs gave me that and didn't reduce handling or performance. seems like the OP wanted similar benefits and went that route.

so from your view point, going to the Fox Factory 3.0 upgrade would be "throwing away what makes a Raptor a Raptor"? Ford didn't design and manufacture a flawless truck. lots of things can be "upgraded" to perform better than stock with few to no negative side effects.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"when the whole of the suspension is replaced..."

what are you on about? running eibachs and icon rears?

you know the factory rear springs are absolute trash right? like I don't even think this is debatable. ask literally anyone that's swapped to Deaver or icon... EVERY aspect of ride, handling and off-road performance is increased.

as for the front, I personally wanted a level truck. eibach springs gave me that and didn't reduce handling or performance. seems like the OP wanted similar benefits and went that route.

so from your view point, going to the Fox Factory 3.0 upgrade would be "throwing away what makes a Raptor a Raptor"? Ford didn't design and manufacture a flawless truck. lots of things can be "upgraded" to perform better than stock with few to no negative side effects.

It was a GENERALIZED STATEMENT. I even said that in the quote you put there.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dammit guys i get it i ruined it haha. but in all honesty. know it's not for everybody. my first ever truck. don't really off road much. and it's mainly just my commuter car for work. most of the fun off-roading is a good 4 hours away according to maps so all within a hour or so is just mild trails. honestly could even up going with an overlanding route in a few months. who really knows with me haha.

appreciate the feedback!

some of these parts i had just gotten so cheap i threw them on. didn't pay retail for anything

Nice commuter car! Beats the **** over driving a Prius. Commuting doesn’t need to be boring or cookie cutter.

OP
OP
P

pj_singh1994

Reaction score
Nice commuter car! Beats the **** over driving a Prius. Commuting doesn’t need to be boring or cookie cutter.

appreciate it! i live in my car during work days going from store to store so i needed something big comfy and that looks cool haha. i was dallying my m5 for a while but it became a pain so i picked this up

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
appreciate it! i live in my car during work days going from store to store so i needed something big comfy and that looks cool haha. i was dallying my m5 for a while but it became a pain so i picked this up

Rather have a Raptor on 20’s then a Prius on 14’s or whatever they have. It is a big comfy truck and then some. Let’s just say you survived forum initiation :buttkick:

OP
OP
P

pj_singh1994

Reaction score
Rather have a Raptor on 20’s then a Prius on 14’s or whatever they have. It is a big comfy truck and then some. Let’s just say you survived forum initiation :buttkick:

haha thanks man. I bagged my M5 and I got a whole of bs so I’m used to it lol