fault code P0230

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello and Servus from Bavaria,

I am just struggling with some very small stalling of my first gen.
But I have no check engine light. Power is felt pretty low. So I checked for failure codes.

Forscan is bringing up a P0230. Fuel relays power or ground issues (translated from german :) )

I checked Fuse 27 - looks good, but I will do the relocation later this week.

Swapped relays no 8 already. Still same issue.

Any idea from your side? Does somebody know where the ground is mounted for this circuit?

Could it be the fuel pump control module?

Thanks

Daniel

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very well could be the fuel pump module (FPDM), or the connector, or the wiring harness that runs along the left-hand frame rail. That's where I would start if it was mine, all have known issues, good luck!! Oh and Servus also heh :favorites13:

OP
OP
bavarian-raptor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I ordered the fpdm and the Fuse 27 relocation kit, now. On the weekend I will start working my way from the engine bay to the fuel pump.
Checked the wire harness but haven't seen any major issues, yesterday.

But I will have a closer look, also to the ground points.

OP
OP
bavarian-raptor
Reaction score
Just a final update. It was the fuel pump module (FPDM). There was no visual defect, but after the swap the raptor run like hell again and failure was gone.