GEN 2 Need Help: 2018 Raptor - Terrain Management System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axbaquero

Reaction score
Hello fellow forum members,

I'm having some issues with my 2018 Ford Raptor Gen 2 and I could really use your help. The problem is related to the Terrain Management System Fault. So far, I've checked the fuses, reset the modules, and performed a visual inspection of the front shock absorbers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause of the problem.

During my visual inspection, I couldn't find any solenoids on the FOX Racing shock absorbers. All the cables seem to go directly to the ball joint and appear to be related to the speed sensor and ABS system. Additionally, I haven't been able to locate the VDM module in FORScan, the fuse 14 is in place and no shortcut find it.

If any of you have experience with the Gen 2 Raptor, I would really appreciate your assistance in verifying whether the VDM module is available for the 2018 model. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly welcomed, as I'm at a loss for what to do next.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2018 does not have Live Valve shocks. So no ride height sensors, no shock solenoids, no Fuse 14, no VDM.

What DTCs are you getting in ForScan? Be sure to self test every module.

OP
OP
A

axbaquero

Reaction score
2018 does not have Live Valve shocks. So no ride height sensors, no shock solenoids, no Fuse 14, no VDM.

What DTCs are you getting in ForScan? Be sure to self test every module.
Thank you for your response.. I don't have any DTCs everything is clear no fault codes. But VDM module not shows in FORSCAN, is missing.

OP
OP
A

axbaquero

Reaction score
That’s normal, there is no VDM on a 2018.
Thank you! That is a new knowledge. But any idea how can identify the issue?

Making test and error, I found that when I make a IPC module reset, I have available the driving options I can choose between Mud, Sport, Rain etc etc.. if I choose any it changes at the transmission modes to 4A or even 4H but 3 seconds after the terrain system fault appear again.

Any idea?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! That is a new knowledge. But any idea how can identify the issue?

Making test and error, I found that when I make a IPC module reset, I have available the driving options I can choose between Mud, Sport, Rain etc etc.. if I choose any it changes at the transmission modes to 4A or even 4H but 3 seconds after the terrain system fault appear again.

Any idea?
If there are no DTCs in any modules, I’d suspect a module is configured incorrectly. Do you know if any modifications were made before the truck was exported? For example, a different Instrument Cluster?

OP
OP
A

axbaquero

Reaction score
If there are no DTCs in any modules, I’d suspect a module is configured incorrectly. Do you know if any modifications were made before the truck was exported? For example, a different Instrument Cluster?
I don't have that information but I'm sure that the cluster is not changed because the ODO has a high millage, if they change then for sure will reduce the kms. I used Forscan module by module and update the OEM configuration, that I downloaded from Motorcraft.
Even for do that I loose the configuration for the front camera and now I have another error camera configuration and using Forscan I can't obtain the calibration mode, Forscan stopped suddenly at 60%. Before unload the OEM configuration the camera works perfectly.

OP
OP
A

axbaquero

Reaction score
Dear friends and Ford Raptor enthusiasts,

I am reaching out to you once again regarding an issue with my 2018 Gen 2 Ford Raptor truck, and I kindly ask for your assistance. I have discovered that in the IPC module, the Terrain Management System options are disabled by default, and the Terrain Type is also set to disabled. These are the factory values that I have retrieved from the Motorcraft website. Could you please confirm if these two configurations are also disabled in your Raptors? I have attached some screenshots for better reference.

Another observation I made is that if I change these values or any value in the IPC using Forscan, the Terrain Management System options appear upon resetting, and I can select them. It even starts making changes to the transmission options and switches between 4H, 4L, or 4A. However, after two seconds, the error message "Terrain Management System Fault" reappears. My belief is that there might be a restriction preventing changes to the engine configuration, which could be causing the error. Since it is a 2018 model, I have been informed that there are no solenoids or sensors in the suspension, ruling out any issues in that regard.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate your help, and I welcome any ideas or comments you may have. I am in dire need of your assistance in resolving this problem.

Please take a look at the pictures and video.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• types.png
    types.png
    349 KB · Views: 6
  • disable.png
    disable.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Video de WhatsApp 2023-05-23 a las 18.40.19.mp4
    5.1 MB