Falken Wildpeak tires true 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The weight of the truck has nothing to do with the wobble, I would question if they were balanced properly but really what's to stop the steering wheel from shaking.. Red hit the nail on the head. I wish more would speak to this issue in hopes this is not a tire but a balance issue.

And here I was excited about having my tires picked out... Back to decisions..

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. The weight of the truck has nothing to do with the wobble, I would question if they were balanced properly but really what's to stop the steering wheel from shaking.. Red hit the nail on the head. I wish more would speak to this issue in hopes this is not a tire but a balance issue.

And here I was excited about having my tires picked out... Back to decisions..

I think it was Qcfx2 who first brought up the wobbling issue, and then commented a second time about it. Has anyone, other than Qcfx2, had any wobble with these tires mounted on a Raptor?

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please do consider these tires as they have been great in all types of terrain and the recent snow storms here in the Southeast. The wobble/steering wheel shake is more so at 50mph then it is gone. Around the city and everywhere they are awesome.

It may be my truck, I added some Eagle Alloy 012 in a -5 offset so that could be the case. Being as the Raptor is wider this probably won't be a problem.

As far as balancing, I had 4 different shops balance these from firestone, rent and roll, Rimzone LLC (huge 4x4 wheel and tire supplier) and discount tire perform all the required steps (so they say....).

If I am out of line for being only a Std F-150 please let me know. I am trying to get to everyone's level and love what you all do with your trucks.

Maybe one day

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. For that. I'm running a Harley f150, not on raptor level lol, so I'm looking for something quieter on the street than my toyo mts. I might try these as my summer tires. Thanks Qcfx2 for the info:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Qcfx2, are your wheels hub centric? I'm wondering if this is the issue. I had this on my methods last year and the problem turned out to be that if I didn't tighten the lug nuts a little at a time they would not center. Yes I did the proper torque pattern but when I put them on now I slowly increase the tension as I go around the pattern 3-4 times and they're smooth as butter.

My factory bfg were mounted at the time and I couldn't get them smooth until I tried this. They also did it at exactly 50 up to about 65 then would lessen or go away.

I'm hoping this is the issue because they are a perfect summer tire for me but I just can't deal with a wiggling steering wheel!

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Qcfx2, are your wheels hub centric? I'm wondering if this is the issue. I had this on my methods last year and the problem turned out to be that if I didn't tighten the lug nuts a little at a time they would not center. Yes I did the proper torque pattern but when I put them on now I slowly increase the tension as I go around the pattern 3-4 times and they're smooth as butter.

My factory bfg were mounted at the time and I couldn't get them smooth until I tried this. They also did it at exactly 50 up to about 65 then would lessen or go away.

I'm hoping this is the issue because they are a perfect summer tire for me but I just can't deal with a wiggling steering wheel!

I just hit up Derek with AE Wheels on here and he said the ones I have aren't Hub centric but the new "Raptor/F150" fitment are. That kinda sucks, all the wheels I have had on my truck and I get wobble wheels .:badidea:

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try jacking it up, loosen all the lug nuts and try the above method.. I'm willing to bet this will solve or greatly better your weeble wobble wheels.. Then wind ER up and let all of us anxious buyers if this solves the issue !

Aaaaand....... Go go go go ! Lol