Faded Plastic & Powdercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverOverland

Reaction score
I just recently started using black shoe polish on faded black plastic parts and dull powdercoated parts... works amazing, give it a try! Simply use a sufficient amount for coverage depending on severity of fading and buff with dry rag. I don't use any water for a "spit shine" and the outcome is a nice semi-gloss. Also, I've noticed that after accidentally leaving the can in the sun to heat up, it became easier to apply! (No change in appearance though either cold or warm) :rockon:

RoverOverland

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm interesting idea. Got any before and after pics by chance?

PS: GREAT to meet ya Sunday. Thank you for taking the time to explain things so well, and for your willingness to help. You really helped make the shooting event a highlight for both JoyJoy and myself. Glad to have ya here!

OP
OP
RoverOverland

RoverOverland

Reaction score
I actually haven't taken any pictures yet...I will at the next detail! I almost wasn't able to go, so I'm glad I was able to make it. I could tell she was having so much fun with the guns and I wanted to encourage that...it's rare, believe me! Feel free to contact me next time you're in 'Vegas!

RoverOverland

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Roger that. Joy's a special lady. I still have no freaking idea why the hell she's with me :p

We'll look you up next time we're in the area and make it happen, for sure. Any time you're in NorCal, please do the same.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i use this stuff...it works well until your plastics get to the sun beaten stage...

back2black.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just recently started using black shoe polish on faded black plastic parts and dull powdercoated parts... works amazing, give it a try! Simply use a sufficient amount for coverage depending on severity of fading and buff with dry rag. I don't use any water for a "spit shine" and the outcome is a nice semi-gloss. Also, I've noticed that after accidentally leaving the can in the sun to heat up, it became easier to apply! (No change in appearance though either cold or warm) :rockon:

RoverOverland

OK, so we met you on Saturday? Sorry but I'm not connecting you in person with your screen name, "RoverOverland" :)

Who are you and where are you from? :) :) :)