Factory Spray In Liner - Wouldn't again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford Factory Spray in liners are the nicest spray in liners I have seen. I wouldn't order a Ford truck without it. That sucks it didn't live up to your expectations.
I had the factory spray in liner with my 2017 Raptor and opted for aftermarket on my 2019 which I like much better. My issue with the factory spray liner is that they didn't spray the entire tailgate, so if you are sliding something out of the bed of the truck, you have 1 to 2" section of unprotected paint that could get scratched. In addition, they did not spray behind the tie downs (box links). That aside, they did a nice job.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a bed mat for mine to keep things from sliding around. I have the Bakflip tonneau cover with the Bakbox to keep my stuff organized.

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted to try the Ford factory spray in liner as well. I ended up ordering the Ford bed mat. Nothing slides around now and easy on the knees.

Reaction score
I out a Bedrug Bedtred Impact bed mat with an AMP bed extender. The Bedtred comes with a 3/4 in pad attached so kneeling in the bed doesn’t hurt your knees. It protects and Kees things from sliding around. I ride Offroad motorcycles and it make it great to change in the bed.

It also has coverage to the top of the tailgate with a piece coving the gap between the bed and gate so you don’t drop anything through there. Great setup imho.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Line-X....but went with the factory liner for convenience..no problems with the factory liner so far...I've run a rubber bed mat on my last 3 trucks and it's the way to go!
Threw one in the bed of my Raptor on top of the factory liner and works just as expected!...nothing sliding around...

Ron johnston

Reaction score
I agree with the rubber mat. there are some mats out there that are just rectangles that do not cover the area around the wheel wells pay the extra and get the full coverage- rough country among others makes a decent one

Green Goblin

Reaction score
I Line X’d the entire truck because I didn’t want to take care of paint, as my 2019 SCrew is not garaged. The body coating is much smoother than the bed, so I imagine you could spec a less rough coating in the bed if you wanted it. I also got the OEM bed divider which works but only has two locations to locate. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it would have more than two. It’s also fairly thick, so takes up more space than needed IMO.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I Line X’d the entire truck because I didn’t want to take care of paint, as my 2019 SCrew is not garaged. The body coating is much smoother than the bed, so I imagine you could spec a less rough coating in the bed if you wanted it. I also got the OEM bed divider which works but only has two locations to locate. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it would have more than two. It’s also fairly thick, so takes up more space than needed IMO.
Can we see a picture of your truck with the Line X coating?