Factory Spray In Liner - Wouldn't again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wileecoyote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my Gen 2 since February. I ordered it "loaded". Give me all the options!
I love it. Really happy.
I have absolutely no regrets about anything EXCEPT the spray in liner from Ford.
It's too smooth.

I had Linex in my Gen 1. Stuff didn't slide around like it does in the Ford version.
(and yeah, it's when I'm driving fairly calmly)
My Linex was painful to kneel on - the Ford - not really.

I'm looking into bed dividers and other ways of keeping my cargo from sliding all over the place.
Open to suggestions if anyone has any. Might even get the bed Linexed over the Ford version (if I can)

If you're ordering and like the spray-in liners; my advice - don't get it from Ford - have it done by Linex after you get the truck - they do a better job.

bito

Reaction score
I also got the Dee Zee mat and nothing moves on it. Had one in my Tacoma with the super slippery plastic bed and it worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Too smooth? I got the factory spray in liner and I've been thinking about getting a bed rug because it is too rough for my taste.

Another thing people don't appreciate about the factory liner is that it doesn't ruin the paint - ie you can take it off while retaining the paint underneath, unlike line-x. Not that I expect that will be a concern for anyone in practice, but such as it is.

bito

Reaction score
Does that trap water underneath, or does it drain out from under?
It drains out. It’s got little nubbins on the bottom to raise it up a bit so there’s drainage. Leaves and stuff will build up over time but not much and really easy to move and clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro