Factory Damage to Brand New 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glockaddict

Banned
Reaction score
Here my story and how to overcome

In Texas we have a 72 hour rule you can return anything in 72 hours and they must return your money. That being said I bought a black 14 f250 king ranch brand new after I wrecked a 14 f250 white lariat. I didn't want a wrecked fixed truck huge pet peeve of mine. I traded it and took a $5k. I had the black f250 for an entire week I put 1000 miles on it. Then I was unloading the truck and my employee goes hey what's this. I take a look at the top of the cab sure as sh*t I had loading ramp damage from when the truck was originally delivered. It was now rusty because the truck had been on the lot months.

Step one. Well I already waxed it but didn't get to the roof. I called the sales guy told him there was a problem. He said bring the truck in. This dealer was about 75 miles from my house. So the next day Friday I took it in. Of course they offered to paint it etc. I said no way in hell. I bought a new truck I want zero paint and body work. Factory paint only. They tried the you already took delivery crap. I just kept bitching was like this isn't right. Then I went to my classic "look guys you need to think about what kind of hell I will bring down on this place". How many sales are you going to lose? I am a top producing sales guy you think I can't sit out here and talk prospects into leaving? I will sit out on front of your dealership every Saturday with a sign and flyer with photos and details of how you guys screwed me on a $67k truck. $67 sticker I paid $52. Then they said they would call the owner and have a decision by the morning. They also asked what I wanted. I said give me the white truck I'll pay the extra $500 for tricoat metallic paint.

Next day I sent my super annoying aunt that talks out her butt to annoy them. 2 hours of Linda talking annoyed the Gm enough they called and said hey we'll take the truck back etc you can have the blue or the white one left.

Now you guys are thinking heck they did the right thing. Haha. Sales guy calls tells me what my new payment is going to be. I said what? No send me the paperwork. I have a finance degree. So they tried to trade the truck back in at $52k and sell the new truck for 52500 and charge me for a Bedliner again and window tint. But they didn't give me credit for it on the first truck. Now is when I get pissed. I wrote them an email back with an excel spreadsheet. Since they can't do math.

Round xx they email back and say bring the black truck back and pay $500 plus tax and my payment will be exactly the same. Ok now they are actually swapping the truck. At this point another week went by. Now the black truck has 2000 miles on it. I took it in the the swap and sure enough I left with the 14 white f250 king ranch.

I still have it. Best truck I've ever owned. 40 k miles never been to the shop ever except for a set of 12.5x35's.

Moral is get some balls standup and don't back down. And annoy them til they cave. Go sit the Gm's office and just keep saying the same thing over and over. "I bought a new truck I want a new truck; why can't you guys deliver what I paid for?" Stay calm and annoy them.

A dealer wrecked my Cadillac STS years ago I annoyed them til I got restitution. I just went in the owners office and sat down every week to annoy him. After 3-4 weeks. He asked " what the hell do you do for a living" I responding chucking "I'm a banker" they wanted to buy my sts fix the problem that way. They wanted to pay manhiem price. I said no way. I told them the value of my car was diminished because of the wreck they reported to insurance. They should have just had the body shop eat it. They also did mediocre paint work. I got a check for $3000 and made the repainted the qtr panel, bumper and truck lid.

Here's the funny part Will Churchill of frank Kent Cadillac banned me from the dealership. They wouldn't work on my car again because they ran it into another car while in service and I made a big deal. Lol. Didn't matter anyways I traded it a few months later when the 6 yr 100 mile warranty was up.

Time is money. So waste theirs until they give your $70k back or another truck. Also they are required by law to disclose damage on a new vehicle. On a used car they don't. Have to.

Last edited:

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lived in Texas most of my life and I don't believe there is any rule that says you can return anything within 72 hours. It might be a dealership gimmick or policy, but not the law. Any link to this law?

Glockaddict

Banned
Reaction score
Lived in Texas most of my life and I don't believe there is any rule that says you can return anything within 72 hours. It might be a dealership gimmick or policy, but not the law. Any link to this law?

Use the force! I hear this all the time I've been building pools for 30 years we always do single row steel for example. My response " you've been doing it wrong for 30 years" just because you've done something for a long time doesn't mean you know sh*t.

Texas is a big state dummy. You prolly live in bfe and your mom is your aunt too. So does it really matter that you've lived in this state for along time not if your too stupid to realize your mom and aunt are the same person.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says the 34 yr old tool who took his aunt to the dealership to speak for him.
Idiot, there is no 72 hr law in Texas to return a vehicle.

You've already proven your ignorance.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updates!

Ford dealership I took my truck to (did not buy from) is stepping up and has me on the Calander for a repaint

Will worry about the claim later. They are not worried and think it will pass. Original dealership will be reimbursing me the 400 for the incomplete coating.

I am going to try and get a extended warranty or of ford

Good thing they are fixing it!! FWIW, I 100% believe your truck was delivered that way from the manufacture. I had an exact same looking mark on my front quarter panel that I didn't see either because it was dark when I picked up the truck. I found it the next evening.

The dealership paid to have my truck buffed down by a body shop. It turned out to be a paint correction from FORD and they didn't buff it properly at the plant. FORD did a ****** job before releasing my truck. The body shop guy at first thought my truck was damaged and I was buying a used truck!! The truck was delivered to my dealership only 2 hours before I picked it up so I knew it was done at the plant. The truck was all swirled up too but the body shop took care of it all before I had my ceramic coating done. All paid for by the dealership. Now it's 100% so I'm happy.

Attachments

• IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3035.jpg
    IMG_3035.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 55

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says the 34 yr old tool who took his aunt to the dealership to speak for him.
Idiot, there is no 72 hr law in Texas to return a vehicle.

You've already proven your ignorance.

yeah...but that 34 year old has been building pools for 30! He was a smart little ****&r back then.

Glockaddict

Banned
Reaction score
and why is this troll coming on here to talk about a F250- ****

I dunno maybe I have a raptor too.

At least I am not stupid enough to buy a repainted $70k truck. And then keep it lol.

I was trying help but of course every dbag on the internet likes to post and try and make people feel dumb. I hate forums. Bunch of computer nerds sitting around talking smack. When in reality your guys are the quite little ******* who won't say anything to anyone's face. Pm me your address And phone Number mr badass.

Here's some photos of a six figure remodel. Because of course I am not a multimillionaire with a 7 car garage and I don't actually build and renovate pools.

Attachments

• IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 66

Glockaddict

Banned
Reaction score
More

And my viper acr and avalanche raptor.

Still waiting form the name address and phone number of the trash talkers. There's a reason why they " say don't mess with texas "

Attachments

• IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1603.jpg
    IMG_1603.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1794.jpg
    IMG_1794.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 9CCACFF7-C7E6-4EF6-94F9-D3B933DB3C2B.jpg
    9CCACFF7-C7E6-4EF6-94F9-D3B933DB3C2B.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 56

Glockaddict

Banned
Reaction score
72 rule link

Here's the link the texas attorney general website for the law that does exist.

All you morons are quick to talk trash but I guess you can't use google. You guys are the chumps that made me a multimillionaire. Thanks for that. I really like my house and toys.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/the-3-day-right-to-cancel-a-purchase

Ohh my bad 3 day right to cancel. 3x24= 72 hours huh interesting