Factory Damage to Brand New 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this kind of stuff just makes my stomach churn. just more evidence of why dealerships have such a bad reputation in general. i guess they had a guy in the detail dept. that had a wagner spray gun at home.

glad you are working towards a reasonable resolution. there are a lot of people on here that are clearly resigned to the fact that the dealer can do whatever they want and get away with it and you have no recourse. you ALWAYS have recourse!

remember, if all else fails, take pictures, videos, recordings of conversations (if they are legal in your state). if everything goes south, post them publicly on facebook, yelp, etc. use the power of social media to your advantage, it is an amazing tool.

i bet that guy who with the botched gt350 used his youtube channel as leverage. notice how the dealer's name was not mentioned, probably because he agreed not to as part of the deal.

CCRAYJR

Reaction score
Just some advise... make notes on conversations, keep dates, times and person(s) you spoke with and results of conversations in case this is not resolved to your liking. I suggest a Excel spreadsheet. I had to do the same when I had an issue with Avis and to get a lawyer involved.

Reaction score
i bet that guy who with the botched gt350 used his youtube channel as leverage. notice how the dealer's name was not mentioned, probably because he agreed not to as part of the deal.

They prob know he has a following and he said he got a really good deal on it, so likely the dealer will do a better job fixing it, and could put it back on the lot and sell it for more. So it's pretty simple for the dealer; take it back by avoiding bad publicity (could go viral) and maybe even sell it for more.

OP
OP
N

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pretty much how this crap happens. Unless it's absolutely horrendous, these dealers won't notice. They should inspect them their inventory, but it's the way it is. I will be inspecting my vehicles much differently. However, I don't know if I would have been able to catch my issue. It is extremely hard to see unless you know where to look.

Still waiting for ford warranty response

OP
OP
N

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updates!

Ford dealership I took my truck to (did not buy from) is stepping up and has me on the Calander for a repaint

Will worry about the claim later. They are not worried and think it will pass. Original dealership will be reimbursing me the 400 for the incomplete coating.

I am going to try and get a extended warranty or of ford

Last edited:

2017Raptor_MD

Reaction score
Same things happened to my friend on a brand new Chevy. Even had clear overspray on the headlights. Dealer didn't want to budge. He got a lawyer and sued. Dealer immediately had it redone once served with papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk