Factory cut after axle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone who has cut the factory exhaust after the axle, ive seen it dumped by the spare a few times here but I'm looking for sound opinions.

I'm not looking for a louder truck, I don't want the whoosh or drone, simply a cleaner look and no worry of backing in snow and folding my pipes under the wheel.

I worry that if it's cut after the axle that it will change the tone of the truck which I don't want because I tow trailers and do lots of long trips, I also don't want to be that neighbour at 5am going to work, keeping a child awake in the car seat etc.

It's only like 12" of pipe and way in the back but pointed at the ground.. Will it change it enough to notice?

Any opinions from exhaust experts or persons who have done this?

badmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you keep the stock muffler, I doubt you'll notice, at all. I just did this with a Flowmaster super 40 and it sounds great! It's louder than stock but no drone and it's not obnoxious.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck came with that and it had the original tips on looked pretty good ill see if i have a pic