Extended warranty- thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my extended warranty from Ford. I bought it used from dealership and had them add on the 100,000 mile warranty and made it a deal breaker. crap is too expensive if it breaks. $4000 sounds high for a warranty... you might shop around. There are threads on here that might help. As far as best warranty, I bought an aftermarket warranty from Lexus for a VW Touareg that even the VW service couldn't believe. It was a "Platinum" warranty that covered EVERYTHING! Even tire sensors.

OP
OP
J

jkfuel

Reaction score
I have my extended warranty from Ford. I bought it used from dealership and had them add on the 100,000 mile warranty and made it a deal breaker. crap is too expensive if it breaks. $4000 sounds high for a warranty... you might shop around. There are threads on here that might help. As far as best warranty, I bought an aftermarket warranty from Lexus for a VW Touareg that even the VW service couldn't believe. It was a "Platinum" warranty that covered EVERYTHING! Even tire sensors.

I just haven't heard a lot of good things about Ford regarding warranty work and was looking at other options (third party just like you said). This is actually a Lexus dealership that will cover it bumper to bumper for everything minus the wear parts hence the high price. There is a $50 deductible which can add up I guess. Thanks for the input folks!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just haven't heard a lot of good things about Ford regarding warranty work and was looking at other options (third party just like you said). This is actually a Lexus dealership that will cover it bumper to bumper for everything minus the wear parts hence the high price. There is a $50 deductible which can add up I guess. Thanks for the input folks!

Dude - you need to find somewhere that understands trucks. Not a lot of dealers know the Raptor, but at least they have the resources to get the answers. I wouldn't take my Lexus to my Ford dealer for work (I got one, and no f'in way), and I damn sure wouldn't take my Raptor to my Lexus dealership.....

OP
OP
J

jkfuel

Reaction score
What they told me was that I could take it to Lexus or any Ford dealer but if I took it to Ford, they would issue me a number to pay for the warranty work after I paid for the deductible.

Robbiem

Reaction score
Fwiw I just had the rear axle seal and bearing replaced and the window lock switch for rattling all under warranty.

The guy said my warranty expires in 7 days. I went online and got the ford esp. 6/100 premium care was $1400 with $50/deductible.

piece of mind is worth a lot and very few things on newer vehicles are cheap fixes.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw I just had the rear axle seal and bearing replaced and the window lock switch for rattling all under warranty.

The guy said my warranty expires in 7 days. I went online and got the ford esp. 6/100 premium care was $1400 with $50/deductible.

piece of mind is worth a lot and very few things on newer vehicles are cheap fixes.

Which ford dealership?

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What they told me was that I could take it to Lexus or any Ford dealer but if I took it to Ford, they would issue me a number to pay for the warranty work after I paid for the deductible.

NO NO!! Lexus is a great automobile, we have had them. Just cruise around the lot and look for a Lexus product as specialized as a Raptor. Nope, not there. If you took it to them I could see a lot of not sure. what do we do? Out source it, or they take it over to Ford and a one day fix takes a week and both shop's want a deductible or something crazy like that.

Robbiem

Reaction score
Which ford dealership?

I got the warranty from Anderson and Koch. The dealer I bought the truck from quoted me $2600 for the same warranty

Athens Ford here in GA did the servicing. I'm so glad they replaced the window switch I was tired of riding with my finger on the button so it wouldn't rattle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter