Exhaust tip exiting through the bed sides

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a sexy look... but like everyone else said a possible recipie for disaster while offroading. I'll just stick with my lightning exhaust

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a sexy look... but like everyone else said a possible recipie for disaster while offroading. I'll just stick with my lightning exhaust

I giggled when I read this because I assume you have the Stainless Works Lightning exhaust which IS a complete disaster for a FACT! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Laurie

Laurie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and here's a picture of the opposite side.

That's what I had in mind :) Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

check em out....

OVAL THROUGH-BODY TIP WITH TUBES
$180

p/n ST2814

Single stainless steel oval through-body tip with tubes, complete with polished trim plate. 2.5" OD inlet. Price is per tip (quantity 1).

Trim plate outer measurement is 8" x 5"

ANGLED-OVAL THROUGH-BODY TIP WITH TUBES
$210

Single stainless steel angled-oval through-body tip with tubes, complete with polished trim plate. 3" OD inlet. Price is per tip (quantity 1).

Trim plate outer measurement is 11.375" x 5.375"

p/n ST2815

st2815_1.jpg

I like the look of this one but would worry about how much heat would be conducted to the body... is it a closed off plate at the inner end or is it only connected by a few parts?

Otherwise I guess a gasket of some high temperature rubber on the inner side wouldn't be a bad idea...

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I would think off roading with this set up would be a recipe for disaster.

Looks street queen friendly only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why you say that? The whole idea and reason for doing it is so that while off road - the exhaust pipe doesn't get hung up and either fold up while reversing, or pushed up into the bed when coming off an obstacle.

534772_10150688037287647_212353384_n.jpg

My Jeep has a great departure angle but as a result - the exhaust sticks out a little and managed to wrap it around under the axle when reversing out of a stuck situation.

I'm rebuilding the entire Jeep and it's going to have the exhaust exit through the bumper. That's another way I can go with the Raptor but kinda liked the race-truck look of it through the bedsides.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
300flex6-650x436.jpg

With one of those between the muffler and exit... maybe another one between the engine and muffler to compensate for motor torquing on rubber motor mounts, I don't think this exhaust would be a problem.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I giggled when I read this because I assume you have the Stainless Works Lightning exhaust which IS a complete disaster for a FACT! Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've read about issues with them, but haven't had a single problem with mine yet.. and yes it's been offroad and jumped.