GEN 2 Exhaust Reccomondation’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Corsa, Borla, and AWE of all been the biggest seller for the Gen 2. We offer discounts on all of these and we are running a sale on Corsa this month as well!

Message me for pricing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BADJUJU

Reaction score
I am looking for reccomondaions for and after market exhaust. I recently added an AFE Momentum GT cold air intake.

Any thoughts of what would work well with this set up?

Was thinking Borla S

Thanks,
the Borla S will sound great... Borla does a great job increasing the sound of the turbo engine.
I'm going Borla ATAK. Heard another one with the ATAK in person, sounds great.
if you've heard it in person then you know exactly what you're getting, its awsome... I love my Borla ATAK, I previously had the flowmaster FLOWFX...
it was too similar to stock, I'm a cammed mustang guy, I like it aggressively loud.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla ATAK. I did like the stock exhaust note but borla exhaust transformed this truck to another level. Of course u got haters on this forum “oh it will never sound like a v8”, but with twin turbo and high output engine it’s sounds amazing! U just need the mid section and u can keep tail pipes stock. Here’s a video of my truck.

Last edited:

Raptor10X

Reaction score
Hope this helps: I have the AFE intake and Borla S-type dual on my 17' and it sounds great. That being said there are times I would settle for lower decibels like when on the phone. With the windows down it screams. This is realistic sound like mine at 2:43 of video.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with SPD TAs and the FlowMaster FlowFX muffler replacement. Everything else is stock on the exhaust, DP, tailpipes, etc. My truck has a very nice growl under heavy acceleration and is fairly quiet with normal driving. There is zero drone at highway speeds and I can listen to my music and easily talk on the phone using blue tooth while driving.

It is not a V8 sound, but I have grown to like it!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Corsa muffler and X pipe and sounds good..... yea its a 6 cylinder so it takes some getting used to but sounds good when i get on it.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think you should just keep it stock. But I did watch this video last night on the AWE and it didn't sound awful. Link below to dudes video.

Personally, for prepackaged bolt-on Raptor Gen 2 EcoBoost Exhaust, I like the deep sound of the AWE full Cat Back system. Sounds most like a V8 at idle and gets rid of most of the turbo rasp on revs. Sounds good from inside the truck too! Check out the AWE system in the video above.

I will be doing a custom built dual exhaust system using two side by side Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers replacing the stock Resonators then straight 3" pipes with H pipe replacing stock mufflers then connect to stock over the axle pipes. No need to replace the stock over the axle exhaust and tail pipes. They are Stainless Steel and have the heatshields to protect your spare tire. I believe they are 3" too.

I'm building for deep tone, not performance. My system will have less back pressure than stock which could reduce torque slightly. I'll post photos / video when done. I am running the AFE Momentum Phase 2 CAI with dual intake tubes and dual V dry filters. Very happy with it.

Aloha, HT

angusmcraptor

Reaction score
Have a borla s for a month or so now. Love it. Loud enough to almost have the neighbors complain. :) seriously though, it sounds low and rumbly around 1100 to 1800 rpm and what you want it to sound like when you step on it.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a borla s for a month or so now. Love it. Loud enough to almost have the neighbors complain. :) seriously though, it sounds low and rumbly around 1100 to 1800 rpm and what you want it to sound like when you step on it.

Did you keep the resonator or delete it?