Exhaust Pipe Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

203kris

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to this site, so if this is already a thread I guess I didn't search well enough for it.

Has anybody bought/fabricated a 'skid plate' for this exhaust pipe tip area? I work outside in the desert driving trails most days in a pickup (sadly, not my Raptor). I've seen enough people crunch their tailpipe from going down a steep enough slope with a severe angle at the bottom. It's usually pickups and SUVs. I think that the only reason I've been spared is the drop hitch on my work truck provides just enough to slide through the bottom of the slope, sparing the pipe.

I've tried searching for a product like this online, but with no luck. I wouldn't figure that it would be that complicated (but then again, I'm no mechanic by far), just a metal frame around the exhaust tip at it's end. This might also serve as a backup yo support the pipe if the main mount breaks while bouncing around.

Discuss, mock. :)

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. It sounds difficult to mount for that application.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
no, but many have had the pipes cut back and out of sight/danger. it's much more cost effective (1 sawzall blade :)). also, i can't imagine a skid plate for the exhaust tips because there would be nowhere to mount it that wouldn't just get crushed any do more damage than just a couple $20 exhaust tips.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine dumped after the axle. Looks way better IMO and you dont have to worry about the tips getting smashed.

OP
OP

203kris

Reaction score
Good points. I never considered getting mine chopped after the axle. Unless it degraded performance I'm tempted to do that.