Exhaust leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a crack in my passenger side manifold on my 5.4. Sounds horrible. I would say on a scale of 1-10 it's at least an 8 to remove and fix. I don't even know how you get to some of the bolts. Going to cost around $750 at ford to fix. Or long tubes with off road y pipe installed locally plus programmer will be close to $1000

Mine sounds like crap too. I've been doing some research on the 5.4's and this looks like a common problem. Biggest issue with the fix is breaking off the studs. It looks like you can gain some access to the lower nuts by removing the starter. Top nuts look straight forward. I've got another forum member who is willing to tackle this with me. Going to get a couple of quotes tomorrow. If its under $500, I'm going to let someone else fix it. Then it goes up for sale! Time for that new 2014.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on it. the Drive Train is warrantied until 60K miles and it isn't old enough yet to be past the time limit. I'd take it to dealer and let them fix it for free.
Mil T

OP
OP
Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on it. the Drive Train is warrantied until 60K miles and it isn't old enough yet to be past the time limit. I'd take it to dealer and let them fix it for free.
Mil T

Just a tick over 80,000. Plus my service writer that does an awesome job for me has seen my You Tube vids!

OP
OP
Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$830.00 to have the exhaust manifold gasket replaced by my local Ford dealership. I'm going to tackle this one myself. Gasket, new studs and nuts are less than $100.00. Like I said earlier. If anyone has some tips to add I'd very much appreciate them.