Ethanol Free Gas - 90 ok to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read the comments on that youtube video. Definitely a bogus demo

Just a bunch of misinformed as you must be. Run e-30 for a month then tell me it's so much worse mpg, I've already proved to have an average between 13-16 mpg it's the foot that brings it below 14.5

D

Deleted member 12951

Just a bunch of misinformed as you must be. Run e-30 for a month then tell me it's so much worse mpg, I've already proved to have an average between 13-16 mpg it's the foot that brings it below 14.5

I can care less about MPG. I actually try to get it as low as possible otherwise I am not having fun. My MPG is usually less than 10 MPG.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Wilson, I know you have a vested interest in ethanol. But take two vehicles, run under the exact same conditions, one using fuel with more ethanol and one using less. The vehicle using fuel with more gasoline and less ethanol will burn LESS fuel.

Why? Energy content. There is more energy content in one gallon of gasoline than there is in one gallon of ethanol. No spin, scientifically proven.
In order to equal the energy content of one (1.0000) gallon of gasoline, you need:

• 1.0190 gallons of E10
  • 1.1259 gallons of E30
  • 1.5000 gallons of Ethanol
I would suspect that you get better fuel economy than most of us due to living in a rural area: more cruising at 45-55 mph, no stop and go traffic. I am like most folks here and live in a metro area of a major city. Living here I am either sitting at a light, accelerating to the next light or accelerating up to highway speed of 70+ mph, which is why I get 11ish mpg.

If you like running E30, more power to you. If it is cheap for you to buy, I am glad that works out for you. Can you make more power with it over regular gasoline? Absolutely, if your engine is tuned for it. Higher octane? You bet. Better fuel economy? Not possible.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, I know you have a vested interest in ethanol. But take two vehicles, run under the exact same conditions, one using fuel with more ethanol and one using less. The vehicle using fuel with more gasoline and less ethanol will burn LESS fuel.

Why? Energy content. There is more energy content in one gallon of gasoline than there is in one gallon of ethanol. No spin, scientifically proven.
In order to equal the energy content of one (1.0000) gallon of gasoline, you need:

• 1.0190 gallons of E10
  • 1.1259 gallons of E30
  • 1.5000 gallons of Ethanol
I would suspect that you get better fuel economy than most of us due to living in a rural area: more cruising at 45-55 mph, no stop and go traffic. I am like most folks here and live in a metro area of a major city. Living here I am either sitting at a light, accelerating to the next light or accelerating up to highway speed of 70+ mph, which is why I get 11ish mpg.

If you like running E30, more power to you. If it is cheap for you to buy, I am glad that works out for you. Can you make more power with it over regular gasoline? Absolutely, if your engine is tuned for it. Higher octane? You bet. Better fuel economy? Not possible.

so did you figure in being .10 cheaper also? not that you can get e-30 anyhow but if you could you should try it. that's all I'm mostly getting at + it's cleaner burning = less emissions. mostly you don't need to protect it becose it's made right here renewable.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
so did you figure in being .10 cheaper also? not that you can get e-30 anyhow but if you could you should try it. that's all I'm mostly getting at + it's cleaner burning = less emissions. mostly you don't need to protect it becose it's made right here renewable.
I mentioned it, but as there are not any stations that sell anything other than E10 near me, I can't comment one way or the other.
If it is cheap for you to buy, I am glad that works out for you.