Epic Raptor jump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So, if I tap the brakes while I'm flying over the USA from Canada on approach to Mexico, my truck will nose dive and head to Baja? WTF. And I have a 2 stroke rc Raptor btw :33:

EXACTLY. there has to be a commercial airline pilot on this board that can validate/verify that this is, indeed, how airplanes work too.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
go grab an RC car and huck it off of a large jump. If you stay on the gas, the nose of the vehicle will rotate up. ( the RC car will probably do a backflip if you stay in it.) If you let off the gas, nose will rotate down.

If you tap the brakes in a real truck mid-air, the truck will nose down.

the effect is less prominent when using 2wd, but it is still there.

( rotational inertia of the tires makes a difference.)

weRlAXI84sSbyMsBuSdE4SwQVCo58hGsrfnxSryZYf2aqQCo_Nfsr1csz8PlhBOC7ZoGGY1zSfzkbWYpWN3rHXWfw835J_8O8cO6A7CGFgbiWg

Exactly, that's how I learned by running and jumping RC vehicles for the last thirty years.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY. there has to be a commercial airline pilot on this board that can validate/verify that this is, indeed, how airplanes work too.

Yes. South is down. And looking at a map it’s easy to see unless the map is upside down.
This reminds of getting air with dirt bikes. You could def use the brakes to your advantage airborne. Or disadvantage.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so what you're saying is, his landing was into 14 feet of snow? c'mon man.

He didn't land in the track. I was estimating height assuming that he would. Depending how far behind the track he was going to land, he could have been anywhere from three to 20 feet up because you can't estimate distance to the ground on the still over a flat white field of snow. Had he landed in front of the track, he could have been even higher. Once you see the video, it's easy to estimate because you can see where he lands. Once you see how high he went, you can't unsee it and it's hard to look at the still in the same way.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
He didn't land in the track. I was estimating height assuming that he would. Depending how far behind the track he was going to land, he could have been anywhere from three to 20 feet up because you can't estimate distance to the ground on the still over a flat white field of snow. Had he landed in front of the track, he could have been even higher. Once you see the video, it's easy to estimate because you can see where he lands. Once you see how high he went, you can't unsee it and it's hard to look at the still in the same way.

what track?

the two-track that you see in the photo is in the Foreground.

I'm estimating based on the video, the pictures and the shadow on the "ground".

It is maybe 8" of powder. He's 7-9 feet in the air. There is no logical way to get to 20 feet of air based on the video and stills that I've seen.

The funny thing about jumping trucks: It always feels like you went a lot higher from the driver's seat. Jumps can look way bigger, or way smaller based on the terrain and jump shape.

Example: The videos and pictures of Ken block jumping his SVC raptor.

From the video, it looks boring.

If you've ever been out to where he did those jumps, the launch is 9 ft tall.

He spent all day, hit a 9 ft tall launch ramp, catching 8-10 ft of air from the top of the lip, to a flat landing. I think the fastest that he hit the thing was 80mph.

over and over and over again.

Ken was no less than twice as high off of the "ground" when compared to this snow jump.