Engine Oil Underbody Protection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our Raptors are designed to run 100 mph in 4x4 in dirt!!!

Knock on wood, so far the transfer case is holding up.
But I wouldn't be surprised if it did brake or crack from launching.
They do brake and/or crack when off roading.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the truck is tuned with HP Tuners. Realistically I need to get my tuner out with the laptop and make some street pulls. I think I would like to be in the 8-850whp range. This seems like a feasible goal and make the expense of all these new parts worth it. From what I was seeing in Biggest's thread he didn't have problems with the 6 rib belt slipping until far past that. What pulley diameter should I go with this time?

Side note: I decided to purchase an MMR motor and will send my heads to them as well. That's potentially a controversial decision, but I have a few reasons for that. 5-8 week build time.

I use the ballenger unit with HPtuners, works out really well. You get a large display plus it logs in HPT.

You will want 120+lb injectors if your going to make 850 at the wheels on e85. I'm not sure on the pulley diameter. Contact whipple and see what they recommend, they should know the blower speed that is required to make the air mass your looking for.

There must be a way to enhance the bracing on the transfer case to take some of the load out of it when in 4wd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blacktor

Blacktor

Reaction score
I use the ballenger unit with HPtuners, works out really well. You get a large display plus it logs in HPT.

You will want 120+lb injectors if your going to make 850 at the wheels on e85. I'm not sure on the pulley diameter. Contact whipple and see what they recommend, they should know the blower speed that is required to make the air mass your looking for.

There must be a way to enhance the bracing on the transfer case to take some of the load out of it when in 4wd.

I sent Whipple an e-mail asking about pulley size.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL I was joking with some buddies I would put 4 beadlocked welds on and drag radials. I have been launching and running in 4 hi with pretty decent traction. It's not spinning. There's no chance in 2wd from a dig even with the locker engaged. Has anyone ever broken one of these transfer cases? Any issues running in 4x4 at 100+mph? Still on stock driveshaft.
Dude, just think if you put some paddle tires on it and hit the dunes, bet you could get some air under one of the front tires.

This one is procharged at 580hp

OP
OP
Blacktor

Blacktor

Reaction score
Haha that's a huge ass dune. Mine mostly sees tarmac being in Houston, but it does see dirt/washboard ranch roads and mud from time to time. The sand looks fun though.

Since I work for Circle D, I will be changing out the torque converter while this is all apart. We are swapping to a slightly higher stall speed to see if we can get this 60' down some more. 1.97 is kind of weak still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blacktor

Blacktor

Reaction score
I will be dropping these heads off with Greg Good/High Performance Connection this weekend. I'm very excited to find a reputable cylinder head porter that's local.

I got an e-mail back from Whipple in regards to pulley size, but they weren't really sure what to recommend. Unfortunately not a lot of data out on these trucks. They were pretty skeptical that I would get to my 8-850 goal on stock or lower compression and 93. I think I may order a 3.0 pulley and see what that does.

OP
OP
Blacktor

Blacktor

Reaction score
I took a chance and ordered an exhaust from these guys. I read the reviews and it's pretty hit or miss. For the price I'll gamble and keep y'all updated. Hopefully it drop ships from Magnaflow without any problems. Perhaps this is worth a few HP at this power level over the factory muffler setup.

IMG_3540.jpg