Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 Eibachs on Sale

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by Troutrad, Apr 8, 2020.

1. NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I’ve been in both and icons seem to be softer to me, slightly biased since that’s what I’m running but I have no complaints, so I recommend them. Deavers aren’t bad either in any way, but the icon modularity is a huge plus instead of buying a new leaf pack.

2. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Since we're on the subject of rack and overland builds, this is one of our AO trucks that look significantly different now.

Hope this helps you out, @sixshooter_45!

We did an overland setup on this truck. We ran a Leitner Designs ACS Rack, MAXTRAX, Engel MT45 fridge, and a CVT Mt Shasta Extended. The tent was 120 lbs, random gear was about 50, between the EZ-Up, MAXTRAX, straps, bags, etc. Fridge was about 50. And the rack itself is 70-ish. All together, it was a really really light set up. It was roughly 350-400lbs depending on other cargo and how heavy the coolers were :)

To manage this setup, we ran the Icon rear leaf spring kit set at option 2. At option 2, the rear gets a 1" lift for a 400lb constant load so it tied in nicely. We ran RPG 2.25" collars on the front. This truck is a 2017, so do keep in mind that 2017 trucks ride lower in the front than 2019-2020 trucks.

Here's a few pictures of it, from rendering to reality:

chad-raptor-sml.jpeg BH-1 POST LR WITH LOGO.jpeg Cypress Tunnel Close With Logo AO.jpeg IMG_7972.JPG

Since then, it's a totally different animal. We took off the rack, changed up the suspension. It now has 3.5s coming through the bed in the rear, cut frame bumpers, 37s, front/rear glass, and a bunch of other fun stuff!

IMG_2283 copy.jpg

3. NEOGARAGE

Troutrad likes this.
  4. jason RInaudo

jason RInaudo Full Access Member

Nice looking truck Apollo Optics

[email protected] likes this.
  5. 911 Crazy

911 Crazy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you are going to use Nick, check out his brother and his company. He is; Rick at Napollo-Boptics and has this at a slightly higher sale price. He’s a semi helpful contributor to this forum:

6. NEOGARAGE