EcoBoost Raptor coming in 2013?? Take a look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard people getting that, and I've heard people getting 21, so it seems it's kinda hit and miss

-Sent from my iPhone

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled into Home depot this am and parked next to a guy with 2011 eco boost f150. So i asked him hows the mpg?

He said its ********* hyp. Hes been back to the dealer 5 times had them ride along with the tech with comp to check the truck out.

Hes said best hes seen was 17mpg highway
and lucky to get 14 around town.

He said the dealer told him Ford bases the mpg at 50mph.

Hell i get 15mpg highway at 80mph with 5 star tune.

Not starting a war just what one owner told me. true ?

Its not all hype.. My best friend has one and hes getting 19.5 at 70-80 and his is still new.. and there are some problems out there right now. I know of a coil problem that Ford is still working on. The coils have their own drivers and are not a regular coil pack so ya cant just go get a new one. I had to call a few friends in calibration engineering and have them send him one until the dealership could get them in... Ford was having trouble duplicating the misfire so they wanted his coil... Also, When the coil went bad he was on the road and the misfire burnt the cat as well...

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pulled into Home depot this am and parked next to a guy with 2011 eco boost f150. So i asked him hows the mpg?

He said its ********* hyp. Hes been back to the dealer 5 times had them ride along with the tech with comp to check the truck out.

Hes said best hes seen was 17mpg highway
and lucky to get 14 around town.

He said the dealer told him Ford bases the mpg at 50mph.

Hell i get 15mpg highway at 80mph with 5 star tune.

Not starting a war just what one owner told me. true ?
I agree that it's not hype at all...

My father recently purchased a new F-150 and the salesman actually let him take a Platinum EcoBoost and 5.0 home overnight, because he was so torn and couldn't decide. He observed almost the same MPG on the highway at 70 in both vehicles, but the 5.0 had a much nicer power delivery in his opinion.

After talking to the sales managers (who each had a demo, one with a ecoboost and the other with a 5.0 liter) they BOTH actually preferred driving the 5.0 liter F-150 and one guy even said it towed his boat better.... which is surprising given the towing videos Ford produces regarding the ecoboost. That, and my father tends to keep vehicles to the 150K mile mark, and he didn't want to worry about the ecoboost down the road, so the 5.0 was the obvious choice.

Either way, the Ecoboost is not some magic engine with GREAT fuel mileage and power... there's always a sacrifice, and I think you sacrifice "all around" performance and gusto, for a perceived few extra MPG (although my father can get 19-20 highway consistently with the 5.0L).