Easter Jeep Safari?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canyonlands is divided into three distinct areas, island in the sky area (northern end), the needles (southeast section), and the maze (far western area). The maze is by far the least visited of the areas and is not directly accessible to Moab, it must be accessed by the Hans Flat Ranger station from state road 24. If you want remote camping and no traffic, this is the place to go. In my two trips there, one midweek and one weekend, We saw one group of two jeeps the whole time. The maze is remote..........

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the maze use where my uncle was telling me to go.

B, a recommended easy read book if you want a little history on the area. Tales of canyonlands cowboys...by Richard Negri. I am looking for some other info I had from the trip. I will try to round some of it up this weekend while you are playing!!!!!

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
none of canyonlands is accessible from Moab directly... you need to travel a ways north or south of town to get to any of the gates as far as I know. The town of Moab is in a steep sided valley, can really only be approached from north or south.

Gotta check out the maze next time out.