Easter Jeep Safari?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Some of my co-workers and I are considering a road trip out to the Easter Jeep Safari. We have not nailed down the exact time frame, yet.

Here is a link to the event:
http://www.rr4w.com/pageview.aspx?id=16382

As I will have driven all of the way out there, will likely hit up the Grand Canyon as well as possible camping in NM and CO (weather permitting).

Has anyone run their Raptor on any of the trails listed for the safari?

Moab is a trip I have always wanted to do, so I hope the logistics work out.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are not a lot of Raptor friendly runs on the classic routes. Expect to drag both the nose and rear a lot. Here's me on Fins & Things in my old TJ:
img2845small.jpg

Andy

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on running mostly 2's, 3's and 4's. How do you think it would do on Fins & Things?

That's where the pic of my junk was taken (on one of the optional lines). There are several ups and downs where I caught the front/rear of my Jeep, so the Raptor will definately get some bruises.

Andy

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moab is a blast but I do not think Easter Jeep is the best time. Got a buddy who lives out in Utah and he says the trails are packed, you cannot get billeting, all the restaurants are full...

Moab is over full on even a normal weekend. If you want to maximize the experience go during spring or fall on a non holiday weekend.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I want to plan a trip next spring to the Canyonlands on the western side of the Colorado...hear it's just as cool as Moab without all the people. Anyone know anything about that?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just don't plan it to conflict with the Mojave Road trip in April Brian. Don't want to miss a trip with Dugger and Dugger's Tugger :thumbsup:

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to plan a trip next spring to the Canyonlands on the western side of the Colorado...hear it's just as cool as Moab without all the people. Anyone know anything about that?

I have been there twice before, work in a trip to the canyon of the ancients. Both of these trips were in jeeps. This side is by far the most remote. I will recommend two books but I will have to wait till I can get their titles. My memory is crap anymore. Good reads for background and area.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canyonlands is part of Moab...

If you check out my moab post there are a bunch of pictures of the white rim road in canyonlands... awesome 1-2 day trip VERY suited to a raptor.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moab is a blast but I do not think Easter Jeep is the best time. Got a buddy who lives out in Utah and he says the trails are packed, you cannot get billeting, all the restaurants are full...

Moab is over full on even a normal weekend. If you want to maximize the experience go during spring or fall on a non holiday weekend.

X2, midweek is the way to go. We did the week immediately after the Hot Rod show (First week in May, yeah in Moab), and the trails were travelled, but not busy. The scenery there is outrageous. Just doing the dirt roads out by Arches was amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc