Driveshaft/Insulator Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T8ter

Reaction score
Anyone gone in for a driveshaft recall and had it fail “the test”? We’ll long story short mine did after the dealer said they have only had 1 fail out of 10 (guess mine was #2).

They’re telling me they have to keep my truck for 2 months while it just sits in the lot waiting for the new driveshaft to come in..

Not happy about it at all, is this what other people are seeing for estimated repair times? Anyone know anything else I can do to help expedite the process?

Really sucks having to pay for a vehicle to sit in a lot during hail season lol

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Same recent recall, net result is having driveshaft replaced if insulators grooved driveshaft
Ours is at the dealer currently for this (and a few other issues). They called today and said that the insulation contacted the drive shaft. The tech took pictures and sent them to Ford. They’re currently waiting to see if Ford is going to pass or fail it. I assume they will play it safe and just fail it. If they do I’ll post an update on the estimated repair time.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ours is at the dealer currently for this (and a few other issues). They called today and said that the insulation contacted the drive shaft. The tech took pictures and sent them to Ford. They’re currently waiting to see if Ford is going to pass or fail it. I assume they will play it safe and just fail it. If they do I’ll post an update on the estimated repair time.
Have them send you the pics for your records. Post them here so we can get a glimpse of what’s taking place with this darn insulation.

OP
OP
L

LFRap22

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat although I drove it home with their ok and I agreeing to not drive it. It's been almost 3 weeks and part "should" arrive end of this month. I don't drive mine often (470 miles in 5 months) so not THAT big of a deal to me. But yea. Definitely sucks.

So I went over there today, got into a single cab f-150 for a rental now, so that’s a better than an escape.

I asked one of the advisors if I could take it home since it’s hail season here in Texas and keep it at my house till the part comes in. She is going to ask the service manager to see if that would be okay. Made the argument that my picture only showed rubbing and no actual sear marks that showed any variation in the driveshaft’s depth.

I’ll find out tomorrow on the answer, so they only have 1 other raptor that has this issue there and it has been waiting for the part for a month so far and still no ETA in there system for it to arrive.

dhdcf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nowhere close to Podunk, where most of you live.
So I went over there today, got into a single cab f-150 for a rental now, so that’s a better than an escape.

I asked one of the advisors if I could take it home since it’s hail season here in Texas and keep it at my house till the part comes in. She is going to ask the service manager to see if that would be okay. Made the argument that my picture only showed rubbing and no actual sear marks that showed any variation in the driveshaft’s depth.

I’ll find out tomorrow on the answer, so they only have 1 other raptor that has this issue there and it has been waiting for the part for a month so far and still no ETA in there system for it to arrive.
I'm in Texas too. SA. Just got call that my part arrived. It's been about 3 weeks. Not a horribly long wait but glad it's in.

Vrrooom

Reaction score
Are newly delivered raptors free of this issue? I entered my vin in the nhtsa site and it said no recalls.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are newly delivered raptors free of this issue? I entered my vin in the nhtsa site and it said no recalls.

Wondering this too. I'm considering inspecting mine at the dealer whenever it gets here. I may ask if they can perform the "repair" regardless and just rivet them in place so I don't have issues with the adhesive failing after I put some miles on it.

Vrrooom

Reaction score
Wondering this too. I'm considering inspecting mine at the dealer whenever it gets here. I may ask if they can perform the "repair" regardless and just rivet them in place so I don't have issues with the adhesive failing after I put some miles on it.
You'd also think that if Ford is aware of the issue that they're making the fix at the factory before sending it to dealers.

OP
OP
L

LFRap22

Reaction score
For me I’ve had to bring mine in 3 times for various repairs (turbo blown, exhaust replacement, etc.) and have had the truck in a dealers hands for 3 weeks total since pickup (02/12). I complained as much as humanly possible to ford and they linked me up with extended warranty, expedited parts allocation, and some free cash. You paid for an expensive truck and ford knows that, they also know you can claim lemon on the vehicle and the slightest mention of that they will start working for you (at least they did for me, the agent sounded scared haha)

TLDR, contact ford corporate asap and complain, they will help you out but only if you contact them and not the other way around.

Best of luck OP, the repair process sucks but I hope yours resolved quickly!

You are the man. I did what you said, spent 30 minutes or so on the phone with corporate. Calmly just said I paid an ADM to buy this brand new top of the line truck earlier rather than later just to have it sit on a lot for 2 months… isn’t a good customer experience, especially with 5K miles.

They agreed and said they put me on a emergency/expedited parts queue to get it shipped and put on my truck.

They didn’t give me an ETA for that either but hoping it’s within the next week, sounded promising.

Awesome news! Thanks for the advice!

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are the man. I did what you said, spent 30 minutes or so on the phone with corporate. Calmly just said I paid an ADM to buy this brand new top of the line truck earlier rather than later just to have it sit on a lot for 2 months… isn’t a good customer experience, especially with 5K miles.

They agreed and said they put me on a emergency/expedited parts queue to get it shipped and put on my truck.

They didn’t give me an ETA for that either but hoping it’s within the next week, sounded promising.

Awesome news! Thanks for the advice!
If your feeling it, you can also get an ESP or service contract out of them too if you just ask for compensation. Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc