driveshaft change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like I stated the first time, long time all 4x4s.

Did you call, I have already spoken with Mark this morning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to argue, sorry if that came off like that. I'm 45 years old and never had a truck before, this is my first. I have only had cars. Yes, I emailed him and he emailed me back, he said they could nickel plate it. I asked him how much that would be and am waiting, I plan on replacing my slip yoke with the nickel plate with grease and hope that works. I don't want to have to replace my JDM/Axel exchange driveshaft, hopefully I can just replace the slip yoke.

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like I either have them put more grease on and hope that works, it has only been a couple of days and my truck's driveshaft noise is back or buy the ford driveshaft that they released to be the fix.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding more grease is not a fix, as Ford found out.
It was easier and cheater just to replace the whole driveshaft, since Ford dealers don't do yoke swaps.
The grease will squeeze out into your transfer case and if you continue to do so, it will affect the transfer case fluid.

I recommend doing what Axle Exchange recommends.

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that it is axle exchange driveshaft I have in, and now I am going to have to go back to stock to fix it.

OP
OP
S

SVTblackraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well talked to mark and I am going to send my DS in to get it nickel plated and rebalanced. I hope that fixes it.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can they just add the plating to the yoke if you did not want the shaft re-balanced? Sounds like the beginning of a solution for lots of folks on here...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being that the yoke needs to be remove and the small amount weight added with the plating it could potentially cause vibration.
I know it's a pain in the ass to correct but do it right, you don't want to send it back again.