Drivers seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I have a 2011 with only 11,000 miles on it. For the last month or so I have a loud grinding sound hapening when I turn the key off and the seat glides back. I can see no problems looking under the seat. Anybody else have this problem?:thumbsdown:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything in the seat track? i had a customer who came in for a stereo install once, and about 3 hours after getting the radio done, he noticed that his seat wasnt functioning properly. he brought it back and was complaining how we screwed up his seat. after about 3 minutes of looking for the problem, we found a penny in the seat track. we showed it to him. it was all chewed up from the worm drive the seats run on. he propmtly apologized and i propmtly told him to pull his pants up.

OP
OP
twlhunter65

twlhunter65

Reaction score
anything in the seat track? i had a customer who came in for a stereo install once, and about 3 hours after getting the radio done, he noticed that his seat wasnt functioning properly. he brought it back and was complaining how we screwed up his seat. after about 3 minutes of looking for the problem, we found a penny in the seat track. we showed it to him. it was all chewed up from the worm drive the seats run on. he propmtly apologized and i propmtly told him to pull his pants up.

I have looked and nothing I could see was in there, I will check closer. I hate to bring it to the dealer, but thats what it may come too.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue, dealer replaced the tracks- after they sprayed white grease all over the place and made a big mess.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Did you just hear a grinding sound or did it feel a little rough too? I have an issue with mine but it glides a little rough too so I assumed its dirt but if it's a motor issue I'll look into it more instead of putting it off.